Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2002, 06:08 PM   #1
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

I tried posting this in another thread but I typed too slow and the thread was deleted before I could finish. hehe
Anyways it went something like this -
As of late there have been a few disagreements regarding the decisions that some of the mods have made (hey there are a few that I thought were bad judgment on the Mods part aswell - Angels welcome thread and Nude beaches to name two). Always remember this -

Ziroc and the Mods are giving up their time (for free no less) to give us a nice friendly place that we can chat and enjoy ourselves.

Remember that there are kids on this forum and that their parents might not want them to be reading about nude beaches or stumbling across what might be construed as sex talk.

As someone recently wrote (forget who) - Type on this forum as if you were talking to people in real life (Would you start a conversation about nude beaches and start swearing/blaspheming in front of a 10 year old that you've never met)?
A couple of quotes from "Z" to finish
"As for free speech remember this is a house. If you insult anyone or act a fool inside Ziroc's house, He will ask you to leave."
"Remember, this is not a democracy. This is a semi-benevolent dictatorship."
This isn't as good as the other post I typed but I think it gets the message across - Please respect your fellow man/woman/mod/whatever else so we can all get down to having some fun and not have to get angry or upset at one another

Edit: Agreed with your comments regarding posting disagreements so removed that sentence. I did intend it to be done so that people would continue reading and be put off posting but I see how it might not be construed in that way. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-06-2002: Message edited by: Downunda ]

Old 02-05-2002, 06:17 PM   #2
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Agree 100% Downunda. Too many people forget that there are kids that visit this forum.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 02-05-2002, 06:19 PM   #3
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

And some of us don't need to remember that kids visit the forum since we usually have at least one reading over our shoulder!

(teehee, Agility just said "why are you always talking about me!")
Old 02-05-2002, 06:24 PM   #4
Jorath Calar
Harper

I agree, freedom of speech on this forum does not exsist, you agree to follow the TOS and is you don't bye bye...

Democracy...hahahaha [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2002, 06:37 PM   #5
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Personally my feelings are that if they don't agree with the mods or their decisions then they don't have to post here. Simple as that. I stand by any decisions the mods makes whether "I" like it or not. Its their forum and their rules and if I didnt like it or agree to it I wouldn't come here. But I do come here quite often, and enjoy it none the less. I just thank them for making this a good place to chat and post. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2002, 06:43 PM   #6
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Garnet FalconDance:
And some of us don't need to remember that kids visit the forum since we usually have at least one reading over our shoulder!

Garnet, I thought that you murdered them all. Good to hear that they got a reprieve.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 02-05-2002, 06:44 PM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:
I tried posting this in another thread but I typed too slow and the thread was deleted before I could finish. hehe
Anyways it went something like this -
As of late there have been a few disagreements regarding the decisions that some of the mods have made (hey there are a few that I thought were bad judgment on the Mods part aswell - Angels welcome thread and Nude beaches to name two). By all means post these disagreements and tell the Mods you think they were wrong, but first, remember this -

Nope...PM or e-mail the mods if you're going to question a ruling, but do NOT bring it up on the forum. Everyone is entitled to question a decision, but keep the dirty laundry to yourself. [img]smile.gif[/img]

quote:

Ziroc and the Mods are giving up their time (for free no less) to give us a nice friendly place that we can chat and enjoy ourselves.

Remember that there are kids on this forum and that their parents might not want them to be reading about nude beaches or stumbling across what might be construed as sex talk.

As someone recently wrote (forget who) - Type on this forum as if you were talking to people in real life (Would you start a conversation about nude beaches and start swearing/blaspheming in front of a 10 year old that you've never met)?
A couple of quotes from "Z" to finish
"As for free speech remember this is a house. If you insult anyone or act a fool inside Ziroc's house, He will ask you to leave."
"Remember, this is not a democracy. This is a semi-benevolent dictatorship."
This isn't as good as the other post I typed but I think it gets the message across - Please respect your fellow man/woman/mod/whatever else so we can all get down to having some fun and not have to get angry or upset at one another

Thanks for saying this, Downunda. It's a pity it has to be said so much.

Thanks,

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 02-05-2002, 06:47 PM   #8
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I can imagine all the hard work involved moderating this place, so just wanted to thank the mods for their time and patience [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2002, 06:47 PM   #9
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi,

Thank you folks, but remember mods and members alike have to play by the rules. No one of us is trying to be a goody two shoes tiddly wink player, but we have to help retain that this is a family type environment.

So remember, just because we are helping to enforce the rules, it doesn't mean we are not biting our lips at times to keep from saying what we'd really like to. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Best,

Scronan
Old 02-05-2002, 06:50 PM   #10
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I have to say thanks to all of you here. [img]smile.gif[/img] It is often the case that a decision is made and someone disagrees, but cannot understand that we do our work here FOR Ziroc at his request and for no pay, we are volunteers who care a great deal for Ironworks.

Mods and Z want this place to be a fun, safe place to interact with each other. Now if I were to walk into my neighbor's house and in front of her 11 yr old start cussing and talking about oral sex with my girlfriends do you think she'd like that much? Yes, that last bit is what was going on the the Angel thread (among other things) and it is definitely NOT appropriate to the Ironworks forums as Ziroc chooses to run them. My neighbor would have kicked me from her house and never let me back in! Ziroc has that option too and for the most part he rarely has to make such a call, but I see more people willing to push things to the limits and I'm saddened by this.

This thread makes me feel a whole lot better. Sometimes mods feel like they aren't appreciated for helping to keep this a good place to post for the vast majority of the members. This thread is proof some do care and do notice. Thank you. [img]smile.gif[/img]