Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-26-2000, 02:57 AM   #1
Kore'tha-Konkoror

Hey baldur's gate people. I was wondering if I could get your unbiased opinion. I simply want to know if you guys think I would like this game. I love RPG's and character developement. I enjoyed planscape torment, the first baldur's didn't impress me too much, and icewind dale looked nice ( but I didn't bother with it ). I was wondering if B2 had alot of characteristics of Torment and beefier action and more interesting quests and locales than B1. Thanx a ton.

ps How's the leveling system on this one by the way?

Old 11-26-2000, 08:28 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Two words: Buy it.

Oh, there are side effects by the way:
1)you may develop insomnia
2)you may grow weak from lack of sleep and food
3)your girlfriend/boyfriend/partner may ditch you (mine hasn't yet thank God)
4)your boss may not be impressed when he catches you dozing off in your chair at 10 am

On the plus side, it kicks ass and you level up really quickly.
Old 11-30-2000, 12:43 AM   #3
Kore'tha-Konkoror

Just bumping this back up, for my own information, what do you guys think?

Old 11-30-2000, 02:52 AM   #4
Mandrake
Welcomed New User

Black Isle are evolving the Infinity engine all the time, BG 1 had its flaws but it was just a starting point so forgive them. Planescape evolved it further and now we have BG2 which has progressed it again. For originality of plot I still think Planescape wins out but not by much. BG2 has more akin with Planescape than BG1 gameplay wise. Its more linear than BG1 and doesnt have the sprawling wilderness. It does have far more depth though especially as far as NPC depth goes and it also features numerous interesting but non essential side quests. My over all feelings on the game? Its a must have. Period. Its not a game, its a way of life!
Old 11-30-2000, 03:29 AM   #5
The X
Dungeon Master

Kore'tha-Konkoror, remember when you are young and you see other children eating ice cream?You salivate, wondering to yerself how nice that ice cream must be and once having a taste to only realise that it's much better than you'd expected.

It's the same for this game.Trust me.Buy it!
Old 11-30-2000, 04:14 AM   #6
bob?

buy!
installed it 4 oct, still playing, as often as i can. i also suck (still in chapter 3)

Old 11-30-2000, 09:30 AM   #7
HenryMad
Welcomed New User

For I=1 to 10 e^+10000
Begin
Buy IT !
next I
End

I've bought it on the first week of October (could not wait for the Italian version also because I prefer the original version - translation in BG1 was awful). It took me one week to realize that I've bought not a computer game but a masterpiece. Now I play whenever is possible, also at office (I pray my boss won't catch me).

P.S.
Buy it,
BUY IT
B U Y I T !!!!
Old 11-30-2000, 11:22 AM   #8
Kore'tha-Konkoror

I guess I'll put it on my Christmas list. All I can say is thank the gods I have some down time coming up. With a girlfriend, Nox-Wizards and Warriors-Heretic 2-Siege of Avalon addiction currently going on, I'm gonna be one busy guy. Oh god! Why so many awesome games at once!!!

Old 11-30-2000, 03:44 PM   #9
Aegis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Buy it, you will not regret it, i spent 100 hours and are no where from boredom. One of the best games ever!!

Aegis

"you may tremble before..."
Old 11-30-2000, 09:17 PM   #10
Armisael

You're a very brave soul, Henry.