Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 02-02-2003, 05:28 PM   #11
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
Great, now I have to see if my dad would let me play MP. And where do i go to find games to play, do I make an account on the NWN website and find games there?
From your console, choose Multiplayer, then it will ask you to create an account. Enter name and password. That info will also get you into NWN official website for some cool stuff. Don't forget to go there! Next, it'll ask if you want to join or create a game in either Lan or internet. Say that you are joining internet game. That will take you to a Gamespy screen where you will see millions of games being played all over the world. Some are closed session and some are open. Click on one and try to enter it.

The best fun you can have is to have a group from here at IW established so that you can play with friends. One of you be the server and have a module downloaded to play, and the rest of you find that guy's game by knowing his IP.
[/QUOTE]Thanx, this will be great.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 06:04 PM   #12
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I did, last night run into some games that lagged a bit, but usually the ping was major high on that server so with 56k I stick to the lower ones

I am for sure gonna get a broadband connection as I agree, this opens up a whole new aspect to this game....it's just amazing being able to duel other players in 3d, seeing your spells light up the place or setting out on a hearty adventure with some close friends online.

My major problem is that DSL costs way too much (40 some bux a month) and i'll never pay that for any internet connection...as far as cable goes i'm looking into it but I don't know if it's available where I live....
Old 02-02-2003, 10:23 PM   #13
SecretMaster
Apophis

I wanna get Optimum Online, but my dad says no, so I'm stuck with a crappy 56k unless we win the lotto, then we'd probably get it.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 03:01 AM   #14
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Well I have got the money...just not the money to *waste* as the dsl company in my area are quite insane if they think i'd pay 40 bux a month just to stay online (not to mention installation) thats 120 bux every 3 months and almost 500 a year!! I'll search for cable while I wait out the novely till DSL prices lower.

SecretMaster, try get into an online game using 56k anyways, i've been playing all today and its fine - just make sure you are connected at 56k...

[ 02-03-2003, 03:03 AM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 02-03-2003, 12:55 PM   #15
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

SpiritWarrior I hope I am misreading your post. The $120 fee should be a one time thing not every three months. It normally covers the cost of the cable / dsl modem and a tech to hook you up. Plus check around there are normally several providers in an area some normally run a free setup with modem from time to time. It just that waiting until they do that is painful.
Also check out http://www.dslreports.com/

Granamere
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 01:50 AM   #16
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

No I meant the dsl price is $40 p/m totalling $120 every three months and making it almost 500 per annum.