Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2002, 04:43 PM   #1
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

ok i need some input on my char perleaze...
Ive decided to re-do NwN with the one and only felix jaeger,
i have decided that as he is a poet and trained swordsman he should be a bard/fighter(gallant bard kit)
his stats are as follows because hes not especially strong more balanced...
Str 14
Dex 14
Con 14
Wis 10
Int 10
Char 15

im thinking of upping my str con and dex then maybe my conr or strength again when i get the chance. for feats i took two weapon fighting so i can get to use a longsword and a shortsword (well okay its a knife at the moment but it helps) well im using a shield for now till i get ambidexterity or however you spell it. after this i want to get weppin focus in long sword and specialization and then insteadof power attack and called shot like i had last time i waill have shortsword focus/proficiency...well maybe,
ok now that ive mapped out my first 5 levels i would like to know what people think?
Felix
FelixJaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 05:50 PM   #2
AndyG
Elminster

You need to pick an armor route. If you're going medium or heavy armor, you don't want to spend a lot of points on dexterity. If you want to go light armor, then take the Weapon Finesse feat, use a rapier and a small weapon, and you can skimp on strength. Just pump your dexterity up as high as possible. Bards do suffer from the Arcane Spell failure in heavier armor, so that may be a factor. If you're mainly using spells for buffs, you could just remove your armor when casting.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 10:59 AM   #3
perk31
Manshoon

Only problem with removing the armor to cast is that you can't do that in combat. Buffing in anticipation of combat runs the risk of having your buffs expire before you want them too. I haven't played a bard yet but I'd go with light armor and buff that dexterity up. That will help your attack and your defensive bonus, assuming you go for the finesse weapons.
Old 09-10-2002, 12:47 PM   #4
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

I think im going for a basic chain mail shirt( because its what felix wears in all the books)
probably end up with either a long sword or rapier but im not sure because felix uses a longsword? what to do? stay in the roleplay or give him a cool looking weapon? then again he was taught fencing and swordsmanship before he got kicked out of university....
Felix
FelixJaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 06:26 AM   #5
Big Bad Bear
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Why not give him that Hammer he used at the end of Book 3 "deamonslayer" or something like that? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] or more accurately --> [img]graemlins/fight.gif[/img]

Hey... that gives me an idea... I think I'll do Snorri Nosebiter could be fun... any suggestions people?