Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-26-2002, 09:36 PM   #11
Hesperex

when my mouse got out a few years ago he actually came back of his own accord after about a week (got hungry no doubt). Still the best pet I ever had ...lived to be quite old ...nearly 3 I belive he was, name was George.

Old 10-26-2002, 09:55 PM   #12
The Ornery One
Drow Warrior

250: He's real cute seeing that little peach colored blurr run under my door, into my closet, and then run and slide on the floor when I chase him back out into the hall! What's NOT so cute is when I hear a noise in the window at 4 in the morning and see those little red eyes just a few inches from my face! LOL!

Hesperex: I think 3 years is the life span of a mouse. Don't know if he'll go willingly back into the aquarium though. He's actually a wild mouse I caught before I moved into my new house. I'd been giving the adults to my cats (to become part of the food chain) but when I saw this thing so tiny to hardly be old enough for fur, I just couldn't let the cats have him!
Old 10-26-2002, 10:24 PM   #13
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Try cheese. It always works for us, we have caught alot of mice in traps.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 10-27-2002, 04:22 AM   #14
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

lol

hey, I got a question. you said he does not get into your food, and he does not take your trap... what does he eat?? just curious, cause cheese might work, you know.

also, he doesnt come near trap is probally because he saw you, and knowing that you'd take his freedom away, lol. disguse yourself with bushes and plants, then go prone near your trap, he might think you are nearly added plantation to the household [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2002, 04:25 AM   #15
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

LOL use a shootgun and the darn mouse is GONE! hehe!
Old 10-27-2002, 04:35 AM   #16
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Question Mark

Tell the mouse to be nice or choc is coming ....... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Anyways over here we actually "kill" mouse rather than keeping them as pets [img]smile.gif[/img]
Oh yes i remember there is this box kinda trap which has food on one end and when the mouse comes and tries to touch the food BANG the door closes and lil' mousie is in the trap [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2002, 04:40 AM   #17
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Off topic but why is Moni unregistered?
Old 10-27-2002, 04:55 AM   #18
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Off topic and right outta left field - have you asked her?
Old 10-27-2002, 04:56 AM   #19
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by whacky:

Anyways over here we actually "kill" mouse rather than keeping them as pets
didn't you hear her? Lady Ornery has a nice heart [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2003, 02:56 AM   #20
The Ornery One
Drow Warrior

Yea! After many months, he is finally caught! My little Edmond is now safe in his container, up on a shelf where neither cats nor son can try to release him again.

In case anyone actually cares, he was apprehended this afternoon. I heard a crash from the utility room and saw my son's cat, Jaguar, standing in one corner and attacking a plastic bag. He carried it toward me like he would if he had an animal, so of course I thought he had the mouse trapped in the bag. Seems so did he. When I checked to see if there was a dead mouse in the corner, there he was, in one of the cube traps, still alive but most likely scared half to death. Now he is secure and it's safe to leave bags or boxes of food on the counter again. (And a lot less cleaning to do behind the microwave.)