Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2001, 04:35 PM   #1
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Hmmmm....after I made some changes to the game...I used Shadowkeeper to alter some stats...but when I want to play the edited game....the mouse forces the screen in one direction...
Old 10-07-2001, 07:11 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

ahem. dunno about this. just a lesson about cheats - do it CAREFULLY!.

however, due to my nasty suspicious nature, and the fact that i can think of no reason for stat changes to affect mouse movement. i would be tempted to check if its a problem with your mouse drivers or some other windows garbage. just a thought.

my brother, Boy with Big Ears is currently playing with a 25/25/25/25/25/25 mage and is having no problems. beyond constant scorn from everybody of course.

Old 10-08-2001, 12:20 PM   #3
Sparhawk
Quintesson

I think I found the problem...I had set the profiences for my priest of Thalos to 5* in warhammer...He is supposed to only have two if I´d follow the rules.

Old 10-08-2001, 12:36 PM   #4
Tyrion
Quintesson

I have the same problem but if I restart the computer it works again.
I think it has something to do with internet explorer

------------------
"No!" shreiked Tyrion. Though the sword felt heavy as a fallen tree he lifted it. He saw the deamon look up, astonished. He brought down the blade with the awesome majestic power of a falling thunderbolt. The burning blade caught the deamon right in the centre of its forehead. The deamon's head fell apart under the force of the impact. The deamon N'kari sank to its knees, dead.

-Tyrion at the battle of the Blighted Isle.
Right now he is mourning for USA.
Old 10-08-2001, 07:36 PM   #5
andrewas
Harper

Strange, but if it works then it works. Seems a funny way for it to fail though, youd have thought it would just crash. I remain convinced theres some dodgy error code in Infinity somewhere. On mouse pointers going mad i've just been violently reminded that uncalibrated joysticks can affect it, but i dont even think BG has a joystick option. or a V dirty mouse stuck at the side of the screen, but youd have noticed.

On the Internet Explorer theory I dont see it, the only problems I ever have with that is when a game opens a tcp/ip lan connection and windows opens the dial-up box, hidden behind the game. Course you should never have another app open at the same time anyway (ive got twice the min stats and monster slowdown whenever i get ambushed by mages as it is)