Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2001, 05:36 PM   #1
StarVid
Elminster

I've been playing BG1 a lot because I just moved and BG2 is in a box that I won't be getting for another couple weeks or so. I'm starting to get a little bored though. What I'm looking for is something that'll be fun to play in BG1, that I can import into BG2 and ToB and still have an effective character. I'd play a bard/blade, but bards really suck in BG1, and blade's aren't really all that great, and I tend to keep my character in the back anyway. The same goes for a cleric. They're pretty cool in BG2, but in BG1, they usually just sit around and do nothing. As for thieves, I plan to keep Imoen so that doesn't work. Anywhos, I think my prediciment is clear. Can anyone offer something to make this game interesting again?
Old 09-30-2001, 05:47 PM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Well you could solo a character through. Or a mage?

------------------

Goddess and Sorceress of the HADB
Co-owner of the Evil Petting Zoo
OLD COOT eye candy
And her sidekick Pink
Old 09-30-2001, 05:54 PM   #3
StarVid
Elminster

I've played mages a lot, it's hard to create an effective mage in BG1 that you can take into BG2. With such low HP (even with high con), it only takes one horrid wilting spell to end your single classed mages life. As for dual-classing, it's pretty useless to do to a character in BG1 that you plan to take to BG2. When you're a level 20 mages, those 3 levels as a fighter won't mean a thing. I'm tempted to just make the 6 hour round trip now to get BG2 back...or just buy the game again...
Old 09-30-2001, 07:32 PM   #4
deathknight
Drow Warrior

You could always play a fighter in BG I and dual class when you get to bg II.
Old 09-30-2001, 07:36 PM   #5
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Ever hear the phrase, 'Two are better than one'? Well, two Thieves ARE better than one. Make a Thief in BG1, solo them through the game (which is actually pretty easy), then in BG2 convert them to a Kit. Works out great.
Old 09-30-2001, 08:46 PM   #6
StarVid
Elminster

thanks for the tips, but I'm thinking of going for some kind of (maybe dualed) ranger/cleric setup. I've never played a ranger, and it might be interesting to have a stalker/cleric if I dual and kit him.