Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2001, 02:35 AM   #1
coolair2

I know there is a CLU console command for speeding up the romance scrpits anyone have it? Its been months since ive used it

Old 09-13-2001, 11:03 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

The following should be typed in your CLUAConsole bar with your cursor on the character you want to have the romance with.

1) To activate a romance:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("charnameRomance","Global",1);

2) To find out what stage it is at:

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("LoveTalk","Locals");

3) This will give you a number. To progress the romance, you need to increase this number (by 2 or so) using the following command:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("LoveTalk","Locals",x);

where x is the number you are setting it to. Then, to initiate dialogue right after you increae the number:

4) CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("charnameRomance","Global",1);

The NPC should then initiate dialogue. To get to the next dialogue, just do steps 3 and 4 again, increasing by 2 each time.

------------------
Old 09-13-2001, 11:33 AM   #3
hagimihale
Manshoon

does this work even if you've kicked an NPC out (thus negating a romance) or if you declined to pick up an NPC when she first wanted to join?

I have Viconia at the moment and the minx is pursuing a romance. I KNOW I'll have to drop her at some point to add a different NPC for their quests. Since I have a good protagonist she (rather than Jahiera) has to go. So if I added her at a later date would this work?

And since the vast majority of the board is very PRO Aerie.. is that an option as well? I finished the circus quest and did NOT add her at that point. I dont know if that prevents the romance with her from kicking back in.

Funny how the romance themes are almost (if not more so) as much a consideration on the makeup of the party as their classes and skills are!