Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-10-2001, 12:40 PM   #1
ped2982
Elite Waterdeep Guard

After completing BG2 I went back into load gane expecting to be able to travel the countryside but found this isn't so, Is there any way to play after completing the game??
Old 09-10-2001, 02:41 PM   #2
Istaron
Banned User

No, not in Amn. Buy ToB, and you'll get to travell to the land of Tethyr.

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 09-10-2001, 11:15 PM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

The end of the game is the end of the game, I'm afraid. Buy ToB.

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 10:16 PM   #4
crymson77
Manshoon

Buying TOB does nothing to solve the problem of going back to Amn after the game is beaten. TOB has tethyr, yes, but it dosn't allow you to travel back to Amn, which was what his question was actually about, telling him to buy TOB makes you sound like a salesman. Anyway, I totally hear you. They should let you wander around after the game is over. They say that it would have taken too much programing to change the character reactions. And I guess it would take away from the climactic ending. But you get full agrement from me, you should be alloud to tool around afterward, if not to have every one bask in your glory then just to sluaghter the innocent, which ever you please. If you do get TOB and install it, make sure you finish up all of your sub-plots before the SOA final save, and the same goes for TOB.

[This message has been edited by crymson77 (edited 09-11-2001).]
Old 09-11-2001, 10:32 PM   #5
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

Well, before you beat jonny in suldenessilar (sp?) beat all side quests!
and for refrence; a druid is good in ToB!

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

The Spaminyte Emperor
Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!
Official villain/demon of IW!

Old 09-12-2001, 01:31 PM   #6
Drawde1
The Magister

You can use the CLUAConsole:MoveToArea cheat to go to the areas in Amn once you've started ToB. All the merchants and other NPCs are there, and it should be possible to do any sub-quests you missed.
I'm trying to create a modification that allows you to teleport to these areas via the Pocket Plane, but am not having much success so far.
Old 09-12-2001, 01:33 PM   #7
Drawde1
The Magister

You can use the CLUAConsole:MoveToArea cheat to go to the areas in Amn once you've started ToB. All the merchants and other NPCs are there, and it should be possible to do any sub-quests you missed.
I'm trying to create a modification that allows you to teleport to these areas via the Pocket Plane, but am not having much success so far.
Old 09-13-2001, 09:11 AM   #8
ped2982
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've tried to get the CLUAConsole:MoveToArea cheat to work even in SoA but I have'nt been able to I can get all of the other cheats to work, but not that one I either get an Active Stack error or a bad syntax error...any suggestions??