Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2001, 05:18 PM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

We were in Government Dinstict, walking..

Then Minsc and Aerie started to talk about Minsc's old witch. Aerie said that she'll be his new witch! But I'm loving Aerie! Is it a basic, simple conversation or a romance?? If it's I'll kick Minsc and Aerie will be mine all mine..

I loaded 1000 times but still they're talking each other, cannot I change their destiny?
Old 08-21-2001, 05:23 PM   #2
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Yeah, god loves to twist the knife inside the wound. That damn dialog. I kicked Minsc out of my party because of that. It has been said that you can have a romance with Aerie, although she´s goin´with that dumb fella. Dunno if it works, I just wanted to place my two cents in this topic.

------------------
Calvin the bold the malt beer lord is in!
Old 08-21-2001, 05:28 PM   #3
tusitha

Hi,

I'm new to this forum so this is my first post......

As far as I know, there isn't romance between NPCs in the game, only between the player character and NPCs. This is a relatively harmless bit of conversation and the only result of it would be that Minsc will try to protect "his witch" with his own life.........

FYI, if Aerie dies he will go beserk.......

Don't worry about a romance between these two, she's all yours.

------------------
Tusitha R. Jayatunge
====================

Old 08-21-2001, 05:46 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by tusitha:
Hi,

I'm new to this forum so this is my first post......

As far as I know, there isn't romance between NPCs in the game, only between the player character and NPCs. This is a relatively harmless bit of conversation and the only result of it would be that Minsc will try to protect "his witch" with his own life.........

FYI, if Aerie dies he will go beserk.......

Don't worry about a romance between these two, she's all yours.

That is right.
The bond they share is only physical.
...that did not come out right...
What I mean is that they only have a few funny conversations between now and Throne of Bhaal.
(And he protects her with his life in battle)
There is nothing that gets in the way of Aerie's love for you, unless you screw her...
I mean, unless you screw up.

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 08-21-2001).]
Old 08-21-2001, 05:53 PM   #5
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

What a relief! Thanks Larry and tusitha - BTW, welcome to IW. Have some nice conversations or a drink over at Cloudys café at general discussions.

------------------
Old 08-21-2001, 07:42 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

There's no romance with Minsc and Aerie. Minsc's "romance" if you want to call it that is with Boo (shudder!) Minsc just "adopts" Aerie and will go berserk and start battling if she is under attack in a battle...actually, a great thing if you're trying to protect her...you can move her back and Minsc will automatically begin attacking those trying to follow her.

However...you may think twice about bringing Haer' Dalis along if you're wanting a romance with Aerie. Just a thought.

------------------
Old 08-21-2001, 07:48 PM   #7
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:

However...you may think twice about bringing Haer' Dalis along if you're wanting a romance with Aerie. Just a thought.
Yeah. But who would want HIM in the party, anyway?

------------------
Old 08-21-2001, 09:20 PM   #8
deathknight
Drow Warrior

EHH? first off minsc rocks! he is totaly FUNNY! Him and Jan are a barrel of laughs. Second off Aerie being his witch has nothing to do with love. He just protects her is all. They have some funny conversations but that is all. Aerie has so few hps that minsc protecting her really doesn't matter though. If she gets hit enough for minsc to go berserk she is either dead or 1 second away from dying.
Old 08-21-2001, 10:21 PM   #9
trux

Quote:
Originally posted by tusitha:

As far as I know, there isn't romance between NPCs in the game, only between the player character and NPCs.
SPOILER...
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
This isn't entirely true. As Saz pointed out, bringing Haer'Dalis into your party could very well spell disaster for the young love blossoming between your PC and Aerie. If you allow him in, be careful with your decisions.

Aerie being Minsc's witch is very beneficial. It's not a romantic relationship sort of thing, but when Aerie's hitpoints drop below 75% (or something like that,) of their total during combat Minsc will go into a rage and leave whoever he's fighting to immediately protect her. Remember, Minsc has already fumbled one Witch relationship and he won't let it happen again.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux

[This message has been edited by trux (edited 08-21-2001).]
Old 08-22-2001, 07:21 AM   #10
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

Gad, your all so old fashioned, whats wrong with a threesome? (there have been some really terrible movies nade about the idea..). Personally I think Chef from Southpark had the definitive answer on 3somes " course I don't mind 3somes, as long as their with two women...". Surround yourself with a bevy of beutiful women, engage yourself in fantasy orgies, make all your depraved wishes come true, go for it guys, make up the following group.

Barbarian (male)
Jaheira
Aerie
Viconia (or Imoen if your an an evil barbarian male, sicko)
Nalia
Mazzy