Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-18-2001, 03:23 PM   #1
The Black Panda
Elite Waterdeep Guard

POSSIBLE SPOILER...you have been warned~~~~
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
*inhale* Wow...This is a surprising turn of events. My 2nd full game of Baldur's Gate 2, playing as a kensai, dual weilding a blade of roses +3 and a daystar +2 longswords. Immediately after completeting act 2 and doing the first quest for act 3 (investigate the docks mystery) I realized that a slightly greyish mage was following me. I'm not sure yet if this is an easter egg, a bug, or some developer's joke but the man following me was called "Terminsel"...or AKA Eleminster's named jumbled all up. I decided to engage the wizzard and he nearly sent me to the Abyss via 1st class! A full compliment of 9th level spells including imprisonment. By using spelltrap, my wizzard was able to avoid the spells. Terminsel, after his spell caches are expended, begins to continuously cast the spell prism strike or something. I forget the name right now but it's the spell that has multiple attacks like turn you to stone, 30 damage, 70 damage, polymorph, etc. Anyways, i managed to take him down to "nearly dead" status when he suddenly casts "Eleminster's Evasion". It's a spell and he dissapears immediatly. What Is Going On? BTW, eleminster was walking/following my main character as if to speak, but if you try to engage in conversation, nothing happens. Any thoughts??? (sorry for the long spout, but I felt i needed to include as many details as possible) *exhale*
Old 07-18-2001, 03:27 PM   #2
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by The Black Panda:
POSSIBLE SPOILER...you have been warned~~~~
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
*inhale* Wow...This is a surprising turn of events. My 2nd full game of Baldur's Gate 2, playing as a kensai, dual weilding a blade of roses +3 and a daystar +2 longswords. Immediately after completeting act 2 and doing the first quest for act 3 (investigate the docks mystery) I realized that a slightly greyish mage was following me. I'm not sure yet if this is an easter egg, a bug, or some developer's joke but the man following me was called "Terminsel"...or AKA Eleminster's named jumbled all up. I decided to engage the wizzard and he nearly sent me to the Abyss via 1st class! A full compliment of 9th level spells including imprisonment. By using spelltrap, my wizzard was able to avoid the spells. Terminsel, after his spell caches are expended, begins to continuously cast the spell prism strike or something. I forget the name right now but it's the spell that has multiple attacks like turn you to stone, 30 damage, 70 damage, polymorph, etc. Anyways, i managed to take him down to "nearly dead" status when he suddenly casts "Eleminster's Evasion". It's a spell and he dissapears immediatly. What Is Going On? BTW, eleminster was walking/following my main character as if to speak, but if you try to engage in conversation, nothing happens. Any thoughts??? (sorry for the long spout, but I felt i needed to include as many details as possible) *exhale*
Interesting, PS You spelt his name wrong. Elminster LOL!

Never had that happen before.................
Anyone else?

------------------

Do you understand?
Do you realise your potential?

Dan
Sorceror of the OHF
Regulator Admiral Shadow Master of the N.I.A.
Old 07-18-2001, 03:42 PM   #3
The Black Panda
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oh yea...Before I decided to engage the MagiMaster himself, I managed to "borrow" a few items from him using my thief. He only gave me a +2 AC ring and a +1 necklace.
Old 07-18-2001, 03:43 PM   #4
samoza
The Magister

what on earth? I wish that had happened to me, wouldnt mind having a go at elminster!
Old 07-18-2001, 03:48 PM   #5
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by The Black Panda:
Oh yea...Before I decided to engage the MagiMaster himself, I managed to "borrow" a few items from him using my thief. He only gave me a +2 AC ring and a +1 necklace.
Oh, and welcome to the board. Just 5 Minutes Ago you were the newest user!

Shame Cloudy's not here, she'd thrust you a welcome before you posted! She is that efficient!

------------------

Do you understand?
Do you realise your potential?

Dan
Sorceror of the OHF
Regulator Admiral Shadow Master of the N.I.A.
Old 07-18-2001, 05:30 PM   #6
IntrospectiveIdeals
Dungeon Master

I WAS ABOUT 5 MINS FROM COMPLETING BG1 THEN I GOT BG2 AND UNINSTALLED BG1. WHAT PURPOSE DID ELMINSTER HAVE IN THE ORIGINAL, FROM WHAT I GATHER ALL HE DID WAS ASK DUMB QUESTIONS, AND DIDN'T REALLY SAY OR REVEAL ANYTHING ENLIGHTENING.
Old 07-18-2001, 09:15 PM   #7
Haddar - Servant of Talos
The Magister

Elminster? Naaa, forget him. He is nothing. Just sort of...THE mage of all mages.
Old 07-18-2001, 10:05 PM   #8
dragon_lord
Elminster

Terminsel has spells that are not even in bg2! He is a mage/cleric and can memorize 99 level 9,8,7,6 mage spells!!! He has each of his spells memorized 3 times! He also has 50% magic resistance. U can summon him with the code JATERMIN if u want to fight him.

Got all that from shadow keeper.
Old 07-18-2001, 10:59 PM   #9
The Black Panda
Elite Waterdeep Guard

wasn't that hard of a battle though...

Maybe I'm jus too powerful for my own good =P
Old 07-19-2001, 09:40 AM   #10
Mage
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You just take that back Haddar - I am THE mage of mages...lol. I'd love to fight this Terminsel and get a look at his scrolls but I don't have Shadowkeeper or anything. Is there a way I still can?

------------------
~Without knowledge, life is a mere shadow of death~