Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2001, 05:45 PM   #1
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

Is the slayer change any good. I've done it occationally and I seem to get alot more damage done to me than usual. And When I start to lose control I get damage, then more when I change back . Not to mention the 2 points of reputation that gets knocked off. Is it really worth it?

Warby
Old 10-01-2001, 08:13 PM   #2
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

If you need to take out an opponent quickly, it can be very effective. When I used it, I usually changeed about half way through a battle just to get enough of an edge to turn the tide of the battle.

The damage part wears on you and the reputation loss can hurt if you're going to go shopping.

I used it occasionally with chaotic, neutral, and evil characters. I just thought, in a role-playing sense, that having a good character change into the Slayer would be out of character.

------------------

Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.

"The only medicine for suffering, crime, and all the other woes of mankind, is wisdom." -- Thomas Huxley
Old 10-02-2001, 11:00 AM   #3
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I never changed to the Slayer(on purpose, that is) and had no problem finishing the game.

From what I read, most people use it to lower their reputation when necessary to keep non goody goody NPC types happy when rep gets too high.

A high level fighter-type is probably better off with his equipment, but maybe a protagonist thief or mage caught in a bad situation could use it?

------------------
An elevator smells different to a dwarf.

Old 10-02-2001, 11:08 AM   #4
Lazarus
Manshoon

Perhaps you are right ...but there is always a good use and a bad use for it
Old 10-03-2001, 11:50 AM   #5
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

I'm an evil character so.... I'll use it when I gotta. It is kinda anoying when you first get the power and it just happens. I had Edwin running around in circles too keep away from it.

Warby