Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-11-2001, 09:48 PM   #1
crymson77
Manshoon

Okay check this out. Stay with me, this could take a minute for me to explain. Its got me confused, but it could make things a lot easier for you. I'm not sure if this is a fluke or not. You all can tell me what you think. I had a ring of fire resistance. I'm not sure where I got it from, I had sold one or two before this point so who know where this one came from or if it is important. So here what happened. I had just installed TOB and I had already cleared out Suldelesenar, and I had not made it into hell yet. Actually I was parked on a tree branch right before the first battle with Irenicus. That beong said, and SOA being added on, I backed out of the tree of life back to the main map, just make sure I had cleared up all of my sub-plots. I wander into the the adventures mart in the promanade, to sell some stuff. I think I told him I'd like to take a look at his special wares, but I can't be sure. I'm not sure how many of these events are reletive for this to work. Still with me? Now... Back to the ring of fire resistance. I was just browsing his items, and checking to see if I had anything of value... I didn't really need to sell anything, I was more than set on cash. I felt rich, I think I had like 200,000 gold. I was about to leave when I realized that this due was offering 3,000,000 and change for this ring of mine. Suffice to say, I sold the ring, and I lived out the rest of SOA/TOB in style without any monetary worries what so ever. Is this a fluke or fact. You tell me. I cant say if installing TOB made a difference because, of course, I had already installed it. Maybe it was always worth that, I wouldnt know that either becuase I was always wareing it. I've just restatred the game and If you all keep me post, then I'll do the same...

[This message has been edited by crymson77 (edited 09-11-2001).]
Old 09-11-2001, 10:10 PM   #2
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

too long for my eyes!

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

The Spaminyte Emperor
Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!
Official villain/demon of IW!

Old 09-12-2001, 12:00 AM   #3
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

had the same thing happen to me twice with ring of fire resistance
but just go to the adventures mart in the promanade after you get back from
the underdark and before you go after Bodhi thats when you can buy all the good new stuff but sell the ring first.

------------------
The Blade Makes The Man
The Man Made The Blade
Death To All That Stand
In Their Way! BEWARE ALL!
Old 09-12-2001, 10:39 AM   #4
Legolas the Elven Archer

I doubt that such a high price was intended. But, if people are willing to pay you that much...

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Legolas, mourning for the USA