Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 02:41 PM   #31
Saliarasri
The Magister

Kagarioni grins as she hears the other two talk "If you two need help, I'm glad to volunteer to teach them a lesson, also."

"As for what's happening, the bandits there are charging a gold soverign to cross, and have already attempted hurt this lady here." Kagarioni brushes some brown hair back, as she looks at the bridge
Old 07-25-2005, 12:02 AM   #32
Saliarasri
The Magister

OOC: .. Colin was unable to post earlier, and I just now noticed IW was back up. Here it comes. Also, each bandit is similar to a solider.

Isokla sighed, too tired to argue any more. Looking directly into Detheriel eyes, then panning them across to Ydalon, Kagarioni and finally Telryn she sighed, "If you insist on shedding blood, it will come back to haunt you." she cautioned, "You don't know how big this group that you're dealing with is."

Turning away, she finished finally, her tone barely more than a whisper, "If you insist on this course, I cannot be held responsible for the consequences..."

By now, the bandit gate guards were becoming twitchy (for lack of a better term). They were not impressed by all the debate, dialogue and posing, nor by Kagarioni's standing beside Narar. The had let the latter through, thanking him for his business as though he were a regular customer. The snipers however, kept their bows trained on Kagarioni, their arrows notched, but not drawn.

The bandit leader eyed the congregation suspiciously, and his henchmen readied their weapons. After all, voices, however low, still carried and the leader did not like their collective tone. Making a hand motion to one of the snipers, only those with the keenest senses would have noticed, and from the shadows, three more bandits crept up all bearing a collection of broadswords, knives and a cleaver, respectively. These were garbed in leather with boots and guantlets besides. It would be quite a battle should it come to that. The bandits waited for the 'party' to make their next move.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:24 AM   #33
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn Gale

Telryn stared deeply at Isokla. He didn't understand her. Violence wasn't always the answer, but in some situations, like this one, it was the only way.

"I can think of worse things to come back and haunt me than a group of bandits thinking they own the roads,"" He muttered.

He looked over to the bridge, at at the bodies of the peasants, shot dead by the bandit snipers. Three more bandits snuck over to their leader. This was going to be one hell of a fight, should it come to it.

Telryn lowered his voice, "We could take the guards, but the snipers are the main problem. All they have to do is let out a volley of arrows and that's the battle over."

He paused for a few seconds, trying to think of a different plan.

"Sorry it had to come to bloodshed," He said to the lady, "It's the only way."
Old 07-25-2005, 05:40 AM   #34
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

Nivram stared glazily ahead of himself, barely paying attention to the conversation around him, but he lifted his head when Telryn started to talk about bloodshed.

"Bloodshed is so depressing. Sure, it helps shorten the even more depressing lives of most of the parties involved, and it is usually to the betterment of mankind, but mankind itself is also doomed, so what is the point? And it is never the only solution. Why doesn't someone try to talk with them? I happen to know quite a lot about how people's minds work, and to me it doesn't seem that bloodshed may be the only solution. And even if it were then..." - here he lowered his voice, to be sure it didn't carry to the guards. - "...even then you could make as if you were going to pay them, just so as to get closer before attacking. Brute force is so inadequate for some situations in my opinion."

Nivram stood silent for several moments.

Damn, I told them that I was good in psychology...now they shall want me to go and talk with the guards. How depressing it would be to do that, and even more depressing if something went wrong. I don't quite feel up to a fight right now.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:47 AM   #35
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ydalon

The bandits were getting edgy, and so was he. These were not good odds any longer, and futile acts of bravery would get them nothing. He decided to jump into the debate before their minds were completely set on dying.

"That's enough now" he said. "There are eight of them at least, and three of you that can fight. She's right, it's stupid."

The boy's glare lasted only seconds before a grin swept it away.

"I am Ydalon, I'll guide you past the outlaws. It's only a few hours more."
Old 07-25-2005, 09:51 AM   #36
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

As Narar approached the bridge, he heard whispers of an impending fight. Never one to miss any action, he sat on a stump a few meters away from the dirt road, so not to catch any wounds himself.

[ 07-25-2005, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: Dalamar Stormcrow ]
Old 07-25-2005, 10:21 AM   #37
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn Gale

Telryn listened to Ydalon. He proved a point, which unnerved him. When did he listen to common sense and think about the odds? Yet there was something about Ydalon that gave Telryn the impression that he had wisdom beyond his years. He decided to hear him out.

"As much as I hate to say it the kids got a point. Fighting the bandits, no matter how fun it'd be, we all probably wouldn't survive."

For the first time his hand relaxed, edging away from the handle of his flail.

[ 07-26-2005, 04:22 AM: Message edited by: Ivelliis ]
Old 07-25-2005, 11:20 AM   #38
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Detheriel

Detheriel grimaced in mild irritation - it looked like a stealthy return at night was no longer on the cards - an attack would be forced upon them if discussion continued much longer.

Ydalon had a point too he thought - the reinforcements that had just arrived made this a far greater challenge. Furthermore there was evidence of significant training in the movements of the bandits. Perhaps they were not necessarily the ill-trained rogues that they initially appeared to be?

That anger of yours will get you killed one day Detheriel he chided himself. Detheriel smiled round at the group. "Well, I haven't lived this long by refusing to listen to advice" he said.

He was a little dubious about the lads claim to be able to guide them to their destination. "How do you know we will not meet a similar roadblock if we take your detour?" he asked of Ydalon. Turning to Isokla he frowned, worried at her fading voice. "Can you walk several more hours Lady?" he enquired.

[ 07-25-2005, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
Old 07-25-2005, 01:53 PM   #39
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

"There will be no need." says a voice,coming from nowhere,but yet everywhere. "I will disperse the bandits hiding in the woods.With the help of your large friend.

[ 07-25-2005, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: DrowArchmage ]
Old 07-25-2005, 05:50 PM   #40
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

Nivram looked at the direction from which the voice had come.

He can go kill himself if he so chooses. Why should I care. Three guards, several archers and who knows what more. Doesn't he know he has no chance?

Yet outwardly he showed no sign of all this. Nivram looked to be content to let this mysterious person rush to his doom.
Closed Thread