Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Old 05-23-2005, 10:32 PM   #21
Talmage
Elite Waterdeep Guard

As I noted in the report bug thread, trying to buy the high end (page 3 or 4?) belts from Durnan causes the server to crash, EVERY time. Just now it is crashed when I tried to get a girdle of Strom Giant strenght. There was no one else online at the time, which is why I risked it. It does not matter who is buying or if there are henchmen.
Talmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 10:49 PM   #22
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

For some reason it seems to cause a client crash not a server crash. Its hard to pin down what is causing this.

Z, Any chance you can rebuild Durnans store for the next update ?
Old 06-01-2005, 12:29 PM   #23
Sir Mohawk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi there, just using the quick reply, Have had the mod in the past crash quite a bit and lots of lag with with only myself on and some times a few others. Will try to jot down the details of future crashes. One thing like answered if ya could. Will loot despawn when ya leave a level or area, at the moment it does not look that way. Tons of loot left by players (myself included) that ya cant possibly pick it all up. Out in the city the guards kill the mobs and leaves tons of loot around also. Is thier a fix or plan for all this in a future update BTW I do like this mod alot [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Mohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 11:14 AM   #24
Pigslow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have crashed twice trying to buy a battlehammer belt from durnan in the inn with two different characters. A Rogue and my Druid/Shifter. My rogue also had a crash buying a dagger from Pharnam? in Skullport.
Pigslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 07:03 PM   #25
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah there is a known issue with durnans inventory and unique or set items in his main inventory. I think Ziroc my be redoing the shop in the near future.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:49 AM   #26
Sir Mohawk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

See a few posts above that talks about loot bags and lag but no real answer that I saw from DM's, maybe I missed it. Could this help lag go away if the loot drops is fixed ? TIA
Sir Mohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 01:22 PM   #27
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

An area cleaner would help with the lag, to be sure, but may not fix all crashes. Of course, any thing you do to streamline a module helps. Just not sure how much that would do, there are areas where a lot of stuff is happening all at once, and that is very demanding on a processor, this could be the root of a lot of problems. One thing I see that causes a lot of lag, and could lead to crashes, are the triggers. You can tell where they are in game, by slow downs while walking/running from one place to the next. Might be better to put the spawns that are currently triggered by triggers on an area enter event, same scripts, just in a different place. Not sure if that would help though.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 05:04 PM   #28
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

There is a big hak pack soon to be released with new content for the mod.

I can only assume that as part of this hak certina bug fixes to improve speed will be addressed. i.e a loot cleaner.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:51 PM   #29
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I noticed something today, while goofing off, there are still two kukris that are *colored* in game. I found them on the haunted isle, they are the Valas' set Kukris, one of speed, and one lightning. I think they are in a coffin, I'll check the next time I'm in.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 12:09 AM   #30
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

They would be the ones that are in the centre of the stones where the wrathes appear.

In the coffin is valas amulet.