Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 02-15-2006, 01:11 AM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I came across this the other night, but it appears I wasn't the first. Gozira, a different kind of spider, was kind enough to cross my path... and die in front of me. I was in the area around the Lephrechaun in the Enchanted Sea area.....

Apparently Sazerac and a couple of others found this guy a long time ago, but he's not that common. He was worth 7,707 XP each, or around 46,000 all told.

Didn't last much longer than a regular spider does...

Just thought I'd share
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:39 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Sounds familiar - think I found them in one game or another!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 02:53 PM   #3
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

I am impossibly jealous right now, B.

I've had a W&W phase at least once a year for over five years now, and I've never seen one of those; I was sure I'd seen everything ...
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 03:12 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

It's the first one I recall seeing... so five years doesn't seem like a long time to wait [img]smile.gif[/img]

Start wandering around the Enchanted and Lost Seas, and you just might find one...

I don't think I've ever seen a red dragon, and I would like to find one before I die... [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Old 02-15-2006, 03:39 PM   #5
Law
Dungeon Master

I have also seen it over by the Fountain of Isis.
It has a poison breath attack like the Taranta Queen in the Spire.
Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 08:48 AM   #6
bsftcs
Red Dragon

I also think, I have seen it before. [img]smile.gif[/img] I have got to start playing this game again.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:02 AM   #7
Radek
Red Dragon

Gozira is the highest level spider randomly spawned by the game. You can meet it anywhere in Brimloch Roon, especially:

- at Leprechaun,
- near the Anephas Shrine,
- near the Altar of Isis.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:57 AM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Came across one last night that I haven't seen in a long time... and ironically, the search engine brought up a thread where I mentioned it three years ago [img]smile.gif[/img]

'Twas the Golden Guardian in Anephas' Shrine. Looks a lot like a sand crawler, with a nice set of XP... over 12,000 for each party member, or around 72,000 all told. HE made for a nice wrapup to the temple...

My band of misfits have just taken out Bloodbeard and First Mate Pierre, and are on their way to Collasseum, as soon as they get done in Brimloch Roon. They went to go sell and complete quests, and I accidentally had the No-Dachi of the stone in the inventory of the second person who got the quest... so quest over

Fortunately, I always keep Mama Hissy's words in mind, and had saved just before going to town. I won't have lost too much time or effort...

Also recently remembered an old lesson... never ever pool gold if you've got more than 10,000,000 on hand and your inventory is full. I lost over 3,000,000, which fell on the floor and in the cracks of the armory in BR...

I did have an interesting conversation with the leprechaun, though... he stops to talk when you're near his treasure, and he implied he'd have to move away and find another place to live. I'll have to see where that might be... he got away before I could kill him and grab his staff.
-+-+-+
Old 02-27-2006, 09:40 AM   #9
Radek
Red Dragon

I have tried killing Leprechaun at his treasure several times and I've never succeeded. Either he teleported himself away (and got lost from the game - I wasn't able to find him again) or he teleported me away (and vanished from the game simultaneously). He was always able to cast Vanish before he got killed.

Here is the possible explanation: If you attack Leprechaun, you must attack from behind. Otherwise, Leprechaun will Vanish you or himself. You can attack from behind while he is running around on the isle but you cannot attack from behind at his threasure, where he is standing and facing you no matter where you move.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:25 AM   #10
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
It's the first one I recall seeing... so five years doesn't seem like a long time to wait [img]smile.gif[/img]

Start wandering around the Enchanted and Lost Seas, and you just might find one...

I don't think I've ever seen a red dragon, and I would like to find one before I die... [img]smile.gif[/img]
I've never seen a Red Dragon In w&w. You'll have to go to BG2 for that.