Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-16-2020, 11:01 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Default Baulder's Gate 3 (time to rally the IW troops)

Can you imagine what made me check in tonight after so long?

I just learned a Baulder's Gate III is being made!

BG is what initially brought me to IW to begin with.
I had a question on something from the game and did an internet search for help (I don't think Google was a thing back then) and this forum was at the top of the list for gaming help on it.

That is how lots of us found Ziroc's realm.

So...I can't think of any better way to celebrate the good ol' days than to see BG III bringing me back here with questions, theories, check-ups, etc.

I just hope they bring it to the Switch. I no longer have a PC capable of playing a game any more powerful than the original NWN and this laptop I am on now which was purchased many years ago was not bought as a gaming machine. I intend to buy the Switch soon, and I'll explain that in another thread. I read the industry making the game said they do not intend to play the exclusivity wars so they do not intend to keep it to just one console for any special gain. It's being originally designed for PC and Google's new platform though. So I am out of luck if they do not make it on the Switch unless I have more reason to buy a PS5.
Old 03-01-2020, 09:12 AM   #2
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Default Re: What Brought Me Back to IW Tonight?

....And heeeeere we go - into the adventure once more compadres!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBR-HuuRorw
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 02:44 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: What Brought Me Back to IW Tonight?

As previously mentioned elsewhere, I no longer have a PC that meets requirements for this game...but that is what Stadia is for, right? Do I understand that as long as you have a good (wired) internet connection, you can play this game with all it's quality and glory on any laptop? Does anyone already play on Stadia? Will I be missing out by using a laptop that's 10 years old if I play on Stadia?
Old 07-28-2020, 10:25 AM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Baulder's Gate 3 (time to rally the IW troops)

My previous title was too inconspicuous...It mentioned nothing about BG3 until now.

If anything can bring Ironworkers back together, it'll be this game.

I am considering playing it on Stadia if Stadia will run the game efficiently and if my existing laptop has no minimum requirements for using Stadia. I don't know what would be more fun, solo or getting an online team together.
Old 07-29-2020, 02:33 AM   #5
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Default Re: Baulder's Gate 3 (time to rally the IW troops)

This will, almost no doubt, be a graphically pretty game. And you are going to play it on a laptop?

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote