Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2003, 10:28 AM   #1
Saladin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I was playing the game last night and everything was fine. When I tried again today the game gets an error stating "Sound file not found: data files/sound/Fx/envrn/fire.wav Continue running executable? If I click "yes" then the same warning box continues to pop up and I cannot play the game. If I click "no" then the game shuts down.

If anyone has any ideas about this I would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Saladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 11:49 AM   #2
Aragorn The Wise
Manshoon

is this a legal copy?
Old 01-24-2003, 12:38 PM   #3
Saladin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes, of course it is a legal copy. I bought it at Electronic Boutique over the new year. Do you think I should reinstall the game? If I copy my saved game to a disk, and then replace it into the newly re-installed game files, is there a chance the problem would return?
Saladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 04:42 PM   #4
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Maybe yes, and maybe no. Sorry Saladin, but I'm not sure what data the .ess file actually stores. If it has to save the environmental data, and I don't see why it wouldn't, then it may occur again. However, if by the reinstallation you correctly address the files from the CD to the hard drive you might be fine.

The pessimist in me says that the save is likely to be corrupted. I hope it isn't, 'cause its the sort of thing that could happen to anyone.

Edit: thinking about it, why not turn down all of the sounds in your options and see if you can enter the save that way? If it works, move to a new area and see if you can save, turn the effects back on and keep playing. I mention this because I can't play with the music on at all - unless I wan't to crash all of the time.

[ 01-24-2003, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Lord Brass ]
Old 01-24-2003, 04:43 PM   #5
Rageheart
Emerald Dragon

I'd reinstall it, maybe somethings screwy with your sound card....
Old 01-25-2003, 05:59 AM   #6
B_part
Quintesson

Reinstall, and backup your savewgames... perhaps the wav file got corrupted.
Also, try unchecking all the mods - they might link to a wav file which doesn't actually exist.
Old 01-25-2003, 03:04 PM   #7
Rageheart
Emerald Dragon

yeah take advice from b part, because i don't actually have it on computer so i dont' know what im talking about
Old 01-26-2003, 03:32 PM   #8
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

if you have a short cut on your desk top that you use to start the game. Delete it and then go into the main file the game is loaded in and create and send a new shortcut to desktop. I had the same message and this worked for me.

Don't you just love my run on sentences, I need to preview my posts before I post, then I wouldn't have to Edit them. I just get in to big of a hurry to get my message out and with the run ons and the bad spelling I hope everone will just read around the screw ups. THANKS, well at least I put spaces between the words, or CHOC would come to my house and bite me on the ass.

[ 01-26-2003, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]