Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2001, 12:04 PM   #1
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

Got a really good idea for BG3, you could go through all the lands from baldurs gate to tethyr, you quest to gain power and use it for good, evil or what ever you want, with the oppertunity to join many organizations(ie harpers, red wizards of thay, shadow theives,armies of different nationsetc) with the oppertunuity to rule a land! Only problem is the story line, no ending to the thing? Maybe have to destroy a nation commanded by offspring of one of your more power hungry siblings(possibility of rts elements, with you and members of your party in command of formations, with the option ofswitching between overhead view, for command purposes, and traditional view, for you to control your charcter directly.

What do you think?

------------------
"You and Boo and I, hamsters and rangers everywhere rejoice" Minsc
Old 10-13-2001, 12:09 PM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Or possibly just a neverending game where new dungeons and quests are randomly generated.
Old 10-13-2001, 12:10 PM   #3
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

SPOILER

One problem. In ToB, u kill all of your siblings, and become a god. I hardly think a god would join an organisation ruled by mortals.

------------------
Horatio, Silver Ranger of the ALSB

Oh that lovely winged elf!
She's more valuable than the arrows of Melf,
More useful than the Scorcher and Magic Missle Conbined,
Join the ALSB, just sign on the line!
Old 10-13-2001, 12:10 PM   #4
Byronas

Yeah, that would be a great game!Ahhh...but it belongs in our dreams!!

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.

Old 10-13-2001, 12:13 PM   #5
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

That would get to confusing. Hows about you have to fight another god who intends to become the god of murder. Like Talos. And if your evil you work to try and get him in power. Ive noticed how your allignment doesn't affect the storyline at all. I ends the same if your evil or good which is a little inflexable.

Warby
Old 10-13-2001, 12:17 PM   #6
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

Or you do the same as above, but using and god society with your avatars doing battle, with your worshipers on earth joining in on mortal plains!

[This message has been edited by Aragorn1 (edited 10-13-2001).]
Old 10-13-2001, 12:41 PM   #7
ReGiN

Yeah, whatever happened to Talos....he shows himself in ToB and talks alot of rubbish about how he's the greatest, but then he just disappears....
He would definetly play an important role in BG3

------------------

Old 10-13-2001, 12:51 PM   #8
andrewas
Harper

sounds cool. in fact very cool. however, maybe it would be even better online - but then again im running with a 56k modem so maybe not.

about killing all you siblings - at the end of Bg1 the movie clearly shows THOUSANDS of the buggers. i guess bhall was a busy guy. plus theres the goddess of magics kids running around (read a book in BG1, havent seen a copy in BG2 dunno what its called. think its in candlekeep)

plus there are plenty of regular chars that can put up a fight against a bhall spawn - or else BG2 would have been pointless.

in short - maybe not BG3, since you coudnt control you old PC, since hes a god and a little beyond the scope of the game. how would you control a gods powers. how would you explain the continuing lack of dimension door and long range teleportation.

Old 10-13-2001, 01:40 PM   #9
Blackwolf
Dungeon Master

Why not just leave your character when he/she attains godhood and start a NEW epic with a new character?

If you want to link it somehow to BG1 and BG2, then have your new character be a worshipper of the previous one (who became a god). A missionary of sorts, spreading the new faith across the land where people are skeptical about this new god, maybe you could even be given missions by your god, throw in some political intrigue, rivalling gods and churches, stuff like that. If your BG2 character was evil, then you get an evil god to worship and vice versa.

There are endless possibilities here...

[This message has been edited by Blackwolf (edited 10-13-2001).]
Old 10-13-2001, 02:30 PM   #10
Debaser

BG3 in any way, shape, of form would be so very pleasing to me. i'd have to sign away another year or two of my life, granted, but i'm willing to make that sacrifice.

still.....what i REALLY wish they would do is make a game with the Infinity Engine (or an equivalent, improved kind of thing) but set in Krynn and Dragonlance. that would be the SHIT!!!
i've had so much fun playing the whole BG series, and i never read more than Crystal Shard and Streams of Silver from the whole Forgotten Realms series. on the flipside, i've read almost every single Dragonlance book written (excluding the crappy lie that is Fifth Age). One of the coolest parts of the whole thing would be making a mage, and having him/her take his Test of High Sorcery at third level to determine if they would become a white, red, or black robe.

They should either get on the ball in making BG 3, or start making a Dragonlance crpg in the same vein as the BG series.