Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-22-2001, 11:55 AM   #1
Viking
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Does anyone know of any user created Romances for BG2? Is anyone interested in creating new romances?

I was thinking of characters like Nalia and Mazzy, and perhaps some for the girls out there.

If I were to do this, how would I go fourth? I know of a few editors out there, and have experimented a bit, but usually it ends up messing my game and causing errors.

So..to the expert..what program should I use to edit, add dialogues (romances), and how should I go fourth?

Cheers

(Insert nasty logo here)
Old 07-22-2001, 12:48 PM   #2
The Black Panda
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yes, someone please make more romances for the female characters of BGII...anomen trying to get laided with my main lady sorceress? I can't believe the only options for the ladies are Anomen...the lobotmized half-orc that he is.
Old 07-24-2001, 10:34 PM   #3
Laurel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Someone named Manveru over at gamebanshee.com is in the process of creating and scripting new romance options and dialogue for the ladies. However, he/she (don't know if it's a guy or girl) needs suggestions and ideas on subplots, dialogue, etc. The new romance options will be with Valgyr, Kivan (from BGI), and Edwin (yuck!). Although I think that the romance with Edwin will be absolutely hilarious. When it's done, you'll be able to download it from a patch I think. Also, he's creating some rivalry between Anomen and the other romancers, if you have Anomen in your party. You know, the whole jealousy bit. If you have any ideas, please post at that site!!
Old 07-24-2001, 10:57 PM   #4
Tananda
Elminster

Oh my, romancing Edwin might be hilarious!
I was rather dissapointed that the only choice for girls was Anomen, it would be far more fun with different options.
Viking, girls are always interested in new romances
Thank you for the information, Laurel, I'm looking forward to try new scripts when they are done. Howewer, I can't help with ideas/suggestions - my English is not good enough for creative discussion

------------------
Tanda,
with best regards from Guild of Assassins
Old 07-24-2001, 11:11 PM   #5
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Most of the good Male NPC's are already married. Cernd would have been a good one, so would Keldorn. IMHO, they should make one with Jan, that would be hilarious.
Old 07-24-2001, 11:29 PM   #6
Laurel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yeah, they actually have some of the dialogue already written out for each of the three NPC romancers. I don't quite remember all of them, but one of the choices for the PC character when talking to Edwin is
PC: "...Eddie is that a broadsword under your robes, or are you just happy to see me?"
Edwin: "uh...ummm (damn, I hate being speechless in front of this woman!!)
They're posted at gamebanshee.com...you should check them out, they really are very funny.
Old 07-25-2001, 12:05 AM   #7
Tananda
Elminster

Thank you, Laurel, I've found these dialogues!
They are great indeed, and I wish we could see them in the game.
Howewer, I didn't understand how there could be romance with Kivan, since I haven't seen him anywhere in BG2. Are they going to make him appear in SoA?

Nanobyte, romance with Jan? With that ugly gnome?! j/k

Old 07-25-2001, 01:27 AM   #8
Laurel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I guess that Kivan was an NPC in Baldur's Gate I (I never played it, believe it or not!). He is not currently an NPC in BGII, but I think that they plan on reintroducing him to SoA. I believe that he was an archer, and from what I've heard, a really cool NPC character.
Old 07-25-2001, 09:48 AM   #9
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by The Black Panda:
yes, someone please make more romances for the female characters of BGII...anomen trying to get laided with my main lady sorceress? I can't believe the only options for the ladies are Anomen...the lobotmized half-orc that he is.
I know how you feel Amnomen won't leave my lady mage alone either...

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 07-25-2001, 11:20 AM   #10
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
Most of the good Male NPC's are already married. Cernd would have been a good one, so would Keldorn. IMHO, they should make one with Jan, that would be hilarious.
SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!
Well it isnt like Keldorn's marriage is exactly 'intact', depending on when you do that subquest thing of his at home.

[This message has been edited by Waluin (edited 07-25-2001).]