Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2001, 06:20 PM   #1
Kitty
Manshoon

Hi folks,
I'm going to start a new game, but this time I'd like to keep Yoshimo. I don't like pure thieves, so I intend to dual him to fighter once he masters hide in shadows, find traps and pick locks.
I know what happens to him if he's taken to Spellhold. If I dual him to fighter and regain his thief abilities before chapter 4, leave him somewhere in Athkatla and take him back in chapter 6, will it be worth my efforts? Will he gain level-ups as a fighter while I'm away?
Any help will be appreciated.
Cheers,
Kitty
Old 07-25-2001, 06:29 PM   #2
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Not to spoil you but dont put a lot of effort into Yoshimo. He is a good npc, but he wont be with you forever.....hint.....
Old 07-25-2001, 07:12 PM   #3
Gavin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How I Tortured Yoshimo After Finding Out He Betrays Me

After I found out Yoshimo was spying on me, I reloaded the game at the point before I entered SpellHold and went back to town.

Then I confiscated all his stuff except his crossbow and one load of ammo, as I had a duplicate of this weapon.

Then I had him pick a fight with the guard outside the pirate's door and let the pirate almost kill him, (stepping in to save his miserable life)

Then I started a fight with the pirate captain, then marched to the pirate ship in the docks,

Then I got into a huge fight with a whole crew of pirates. I kept the almost dead Yoshimo in the back until the battle was over,

Then I had him start picking up the garbage and running it up to the weapons shop. I made him sell everything he owned, including his precious sword, and make several trips back to the battle scene to pick up every last piece of junk on the ground.

I was going to execute him after that but figure he will be killed more cruelly in Spellhold.

..And here I am, a lawful good Paladin! (heh. Anyone ever see the Holy Crusades?)

Gavin.

------------------
'Always leave the enemy an avenue of escape. An enemy cornered fights on death ground.' - Sun Tzu
Old 07-25-2001, 07:21 PM   #4
trux

Hey Kitty,

Yoshi won't gain anything while you're away. When you come back he'll be uh...unresponsive.

I've heard people talk about ways to keep Yoshi after the whole Spellhold thing, but I don't know what they are. Try checking past threads on the subject if you wanna keep him.

------------------
trux
Old 07-26-2001, 10:39 AM   #5
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

According to Lord Shield (see nasty spolier topic on Yoshoimo pg.1) Yoshimo can be left in a tavern on the island. Once you leave Spellhold, pick him up. He'll die, resurrect him and you can keep him for good...
Old 07-26-2001, 10:42 AM   #6
Lord Shield

Yep. You will find that hint posted by others in older threads too

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html