Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2001, 08:31 PM   #1
Archaon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

okay i got planescape torment for christmas becuase it was like 12 bucks at the store so i bought it. when it said BG engine i was so excited becuase im a bg addict.

Unfortuanetly when i started playing i barely got out of the mortuary before losing interest. Now i love all BG games but for some reason i just dont find the game interesting. I finnal started to play it ans ended up in some maze i couldnt escape. So i Quit. IS there something wrong With me or is the game incredibly boring and the graphics incredibly bad?

Ive heard people say its an awesome storyline so should is it worth it to keep playing or shall i stuff it in some drawer never to be played again?

Archaon

------------------
Master Of Sorcery... Slave To Darkness
Old 03-02-2001, 08:38 PM   #2
azuth

The story line get really strange which is fun and the characters are more interative the the ones from BG1. The fact that what your character sats give you more options and your pretty much allowed to do anyhting, wipe out half the town, sure why not. As for the graphics it was done around the same time as Bg1, but it spell graphics are fairly good. Try playing it for a while out side the mortuary for a while.

Old 03-02-2001, 08:42 PM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Keep playing!! I've experienced the same thing you have Archaon. The beginning levels and the never ending dialogue can really bogged down players who are use to the dialogue style in BG and its related games. But at the end, it gets addictive as the story unfolds. Probably best $24 bucks I've ever spent (yeah, I got it near X'mas too).
Make sure you talk to your party members frequently, the dialogue choices get updated every now and then.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-03-2001, 03:32 AM   #4
Tobbin
Red Dragon

**** SPOILER *****
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
If you ended up in a maze right after getting out of the Mortuary, then you were a naughty boy. LOL. You have to use the portals in the correct sequence in order to get out of the maze. I'm guessing that is THE LADY OF PAIN's maze that you wandered into. LOL. You didn't kill any Dabus's did you? heh heh heh. Either that or the mage that belongs to that faction asked you to join his faction and you did. Sorry, been a long time since I played, and can't remember exactly who/what he was aligned with (Alley of Dangerous Angles or something) She gets pretty mad about that. If you do it like 3 times (kill Dabus), she will carcass your butt even though you are immortal. The game gets pretty cool, but can be a bit boring at times. Once you leave the Hive, it gets pretty good. Oh, one last thing about the maze. There is something there that you need.

------------------

Death Waits 4 U ALL

[This message has been edited by Tobbin (edited 03-03-2001).]
Old 03-03-2001, 03:36 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Archaon:
okay i got planescape torment for christmas becuase it was like 12 bucks at the store so i bought it. when it said BG engine i was so excited becuase im a bg addict.

Unfortuanetly when i started playing i barely got out of the mortuary before losing interest. Now i love all BG games but for some reason i just dont find the game interesting. I finnal started to play it ans ended up in some maze i couldnt escape. So i Quit. IS there something wrong With me or is the game incredibly boring and the graphics incredibly bad?

Ive heard people say its an awesome storyline so should is it worth it to keep playing or shall i stuff it in some drawer never to be played again?

Archaon

You could always mail it to me if you don't like it I've been trying to find it here in Australia for about 3 months now.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Holy Flame
Old 03-03-2001, 03:43 AM   #6
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
You could always mail it to me if you don't like it I've been trying to find it here in Australia for about 3 months now.

Don't know if you were serious about it or not, Memnoch, but I can send you a copy if you want. Just hit the e-mail thingie and do what you gotta do.

------------------

Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-04-2001, 01:15 AM   #7
Tobbin
Red Dragon

bump

------------------

Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-04-2001, 05:28 AM   #8
Griever
Manshoon

I forgot... whats a Dabus again? And, yah! At first its really boring.. You guys make me wanna play it again!!!! The only thing I hate is that You don't really have a romance with Fall-From-Grace!!! Crap...

Oh, Tobbin, thats a hammer am I correct?

------------------

Tifa has her Cloud, Squall his Rinoa, Sephiroth?? hehe
Old 03-04-2001, 06:22 AM   #9
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Spoiler Alert
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
LOL. No. hahahahahaha. Sorry, that was pretty cool. A dabus is a worker in the city. I'm talking about the Hive here. They continually rebuild stuff. They do use hammers and stuff, but they don't do much else. You can talk to them, but you need a high intelligence to understand them (or a translator, don't want to give out everything here.) They normally "speak" with rebus'es that appear above their heads. They are supposedly, the workers for the Lady of Pain. Constantly keeping her town in check. You whack one of them, she gets pi**ed. That's why you go to the maze. There is a pretty cool hammer that you find pretty quick though. It's called the Brimstone Hammer. Has pretty good animation effects. Actually, the WHOLE game has pretty cool animations. The only thing I didn't really like about it was that you couldn't find armor (traditional type - chain mail, plate mail, leather, etc) for Nameless. There are other options though. Best thing to do is to think of Nameless as a mage. Helps you find armor for him.

------------------

Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-04-2001, 07:32 PM   #10
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Memnoch I own a copy of it.

Fat lot of good THAT´s going to be....

Keep playing Archaeon, it rocks.