Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2001, 08:28 AM   #1
Fulant
Dungeon Master

I wrote this earlier this morning but it did not post. Hmmm? I think the forum was down. But anyhow I have a dilemma. I have a very very very powerful fighter. I took him all the way through BG1 and BG2. I always saved then re-rolled HP in BG1 till I got max, so now his HP are 176! His strength is 19. He is +++++ in long sword and +++ in two-weapon style. With the equalizer in one hand and the sword of roses in the other his THAC0 is like a -6 and -7. I lost count. So you can see in BG2 he is powerful indeed. But fighters get to a point where level advancement does little to increase power. I mean what’s the big difference between a THAC0 of -6 or a –16. I hit pretty much hit everytime anyhow and 176 HP or 180 who cares. Here is the problem. He has a wisdom of 20 and an intelligence of 3 (yes 3) so if I duel class (in ToB) I think my only choice is cleric of helm. (I want to keep my sword ability) I really don't want this, cleric magic is weak do I have any other choices? I wish there were gauntlets of intelligence, that would solve everything.
Old 06-26-2001, 10:29 AM   #2
Shadow
Manshoon

Gauntlets of intelligence to dual a mage wouldnt work because you have to have the intelligence thats umm... real. Not boosted by items.

------------------
The Black Killer
Old 06-26-2001, 10:32 AM   #3
Gorgasim
Dungeon Master

hrm...maybe dual him to a thief instead? Your only other option would be to change his stats with shadowkeeper I think.
Old 06-26-2001, 01:20 PM   #4
Fulant
Dungeon Master

Shadowkeeper? Who is that? It that in Tob? I am quite interested! I don't cheat however this character has been obtained fair and square. And i would like to keep it that way for this character.
Old 06-26-2001, 01:34 PM   #5
Vampire

is it working yet?