Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 08-28-2005, 12:54 PM   #111
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Cool Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:

I notice your earlier post Attalus saying that your computer is on its way to being 4 years old, same age as mine though like an old axe its had a new head and two new handles in that time The computer is still playing up ... bios problems as well as others.. and the amount of time available these days is so limited. long gone are the days when I could read every single post in the Oasis and Ironworks GD forum.
Yeah, time changes. I am really sick of this computer, and almost have enough saved for a real gaming computer. I get ill when I read those posts where they say, "Meh, Dragon Age won't be out until 2007, you'll have a new computer by then." Not bloody likely. Hopefully I'll be able to play DA and NWN II on my new computer.
Old 08-28-2005, 03:45 PM   #112
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
I've played Divine Divinity, Johnny. A couple of us here have... there are some threads buried in Misc Games about it. 'Twas fun enough, but as far as I could tell, the key to success was being a warrior with a cold sword of some kind... everything got easy then.
Well, i'm a survivor, i guess that's their name for Rogue or thief,a nd it's pretty hard when i run into the wrong places. I'm having most trouble with finding my way around in this world though. There is an automap, but there's no names on it, or special marks if you have done something in particular in some place. Also, i keep running into people who tell me they mark something on my map, but i never get to see what exactly they marked. Am i missing something here ?
Old 08-28-2005, 03:57 PM   #113
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
You know what's a great song? Confusion by New Order (if you've seen the movie Blade; it's the song being played at the opening rave scene).

Currently listening to Nina Simone's "My Baby Just Cares For Me", so no worries.

... Yeah! I bet you guys are suprised I'm not a total cultural barbarian!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Found a sample of it http://ourlyrics.net/mp3_lofi_85707

Yep, that tune definitely rocked da house.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:26 PM   #114
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Anyone here ever played Divine Divinity ? I started playing it for the first time this afternoon, although i had the game for quite some time now. Worked my way through the first dungeon, and i'm not sure what to think of it. A feeling of dejavu perhaps....it's a lot like Diablo, maybe even a little like Sacred. Addictive though, that's for sure.
Little hard at first.. great fun later. Especially returning late in the game to butcher everything that initially gave me a hard time was very satisfying. It does look like a diablo-clone at first, but you get alot more freedom because the whole world is immediatally available. Also, the dialogues are bit more extensive.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 05:32 PM   #115
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Smiley

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Well, i'm a survivor, i guess that's their name for Rogue or thief,a nd it's pretty hard when i run into the wrong places. I'm having most trouble with finding my way around in this world though. There is an automap, but there's no names on it, or special marks if you have done something in particular in some place. Also, i keep running into people who tell me they mark something on my map, but i never get to see what exactly they marked. Am i missing something here ?
I had a rough time as a survivor. You're supposed to use stealth in your actions... quite tricky for me.

If you scroll around on the automap, you'll see what they marked. You just won't see the path of how to get there... 'cause you see the whole map at once. I think there are two or three map sections, but it's been a while.

Keep looking... you'll find 'em [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 09:48 PM   #116
Jorath Calar
Harper

hey guys, I havn't been around all weekend, been staying with my sister and will until thursday, then I will move into a room I found today, lowrent, pretty good neighborhood... and tomorrow I start university... and damnit I can't sleep, both excited and terribly anxious...
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 10:26 PM   #117
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Ugh.. my house is like 35C... and it's like 20C outside. I hate this place. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 07:33 AM   #118
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

Kim can't get out to see me anymore.

It could be months before I see him.

I'm planing on crawling into the bottom of a bottle for the foreseeable future. bye.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:47 AM   #119
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
Ugh.. my house is like 35C... and it's like 20C outside. I hate this place. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
20 C. outdoors? My lord, you must live in Canada or something.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:30 AM   #120
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Hm...can anyone tell me what's wrong when all my animated gifs are frozen ? Like the one i'm using as a sig for instance ? Y'all might see it waving like it's supposed to, but for me it looks frozen. Same goes for the "rolleyes" smilie from this site. Basically everything that should be moving is kinda dead. Is this a Macromedia issue or something ?