Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-03-2001, 07:21 PM   #21
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
I think it's one phobia rather than lots! (At least I hope it's only one, otherwise I feel crazy). It's the same reaction I get for all of them.

BTW - the stupid bloke thing? That's not a phobia, that's self-preservation

Self preservation is something I am VERY good at. (Took a lot of learning though. Why is it some lessons you get to do over and over and over??)

------------------

Most Ecstatic Mistress of the Exotic and Illuminated Mango
Old 10-03-2001, 07:24 PM   #22
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:

As for the beetle things - could they be cockroaches? I don't know any other that would invade and be visible...

OMG
LZ, if they ARE cockroaches.... oh man, that's bad. I'd die if my flat got an infestation.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."

[This message has been edited by Epona (edited 10-03-2001).]
Old 10-03-2001, 07:25 PM   #23
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:

About a week ago, I found about 50 tiny baby slugs on my bathroom wall. I tried to coax them off with leaves, but only managed to tempt two. So I left the rest.

In the daytime, they disappear off to the underbathworld, but at night they come out and carouse. Now there are only a few left. What are they living on in a bathroom, for gods sake! (Funny watching them grow up. I am beginning to feel quite motherly towards them. Maybe I need a holiday?...... )

A holiday? Ye gods, woman, you need a man!!! (j/k ) Ahh but I see you have a phobia...

Seriously though, eww. Don't they leave little slug droppings all over the bathroom?

------------------

Goddess of Undress
Co-owner of the Evil Petting Zoo and Sorceress of the HADB
OLD COOTS eye candy and Disrobed Division of the ORT
And her sidekick Pink

"High hopes...an endless river...forever and ever"
Old 10-03-2001, 07:41 PM   #24
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
A holiday? Ye gods, woman, you need a man!!! (j/k ) Ahh but I see you have a phobia...

Seriously though, eww. Don't they leave little slug droppings all over the bathroom?

Perhaps you are right! So difficult to find one who can keep my interest for more than five minutes though... He has to be bright, funny, cuddly AND sweet - and have some interests in common! Oh well, guess I'll stick with the slugs...

Re the droppings. Yes!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Silver Cheetah (edited 10-03-2001).]
Old 10-03-2001, 07:46 PM   #25
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Hey Ladyzekke, I like the spider thing. Sweet! As long as they're not poisonous, that is... threatening insects never quite make it in the cute stakes, do they....

Not sure about those bugs though - um. One or two is all very well, however, if you had hundreds of the things, could get complex. Maybe they'll start dying off as it gets colder? Spraying is defo a last resort!

No those spiders weren't poisonous, yall probably call them something else over there in England. They are just very fragile spiders with a little nub for a body, but eight very thin long legs, thin as hairs. Were harmless

Epona - No these new bugs aren't cockroaches, I've seen those before. Are jet black, bout 2 to 2 1/2 inches long, with like this segmented body with a hard shell, swivelling head, 3 inch long antennas. Only see like one or two at night, so not very many of them so far, and they run for cover the minute you turn the light on. But they are creepy as hell, I shudder when I catch them in a cup to dump them outside. DON'T want them !! But also hate to kill anything, as these things are just trying to survive like you and I. Maybe like Silver Cheetah said, when winter comes, they will go away. Then I can seal the crack behind the sink, so they won't return next spring...

I hope I didn't creep you out with all that Epona, just describing my situation, I don't mean to give you the weebie-jeebies, hope I didn't LOL.

------------------
Old 10-03-2001, 07:48 PM   #26
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Goodnight everyone, gotta go feed my other addiction. This particular specimen is called The Amber Spyglass, of the Dark Materials trilogy. Ooh, the antippppp ation...

------------------

Old 10-03-2001, 08:18 PM   #27
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Goodnight everyone, gotta go feed my other addiction. This particular specimen is called The Amber Spyglass, of the Dark Materials trilogy. Ooh, the antippppp ation...

Just missed you then. Oh well.

Regarding your slugs, have you thought of teaching them tricks? Maybe you could have a slug circus? Hmmmm . . . It would be hard, I'm sure, but damned impressive if you could pull it off.

Your house sounds like mine. I leave the spiders alone in their webs up in the corners. We have a wildlife friendly house.

Used to feed a wild raccoon that came up on our porch, by hand. But my friggin neighbor shot him. God I was pissed.

------------------
Grand High Illuminated Master
Old 10-03-2001, 09:11 PM   #28
G'kar

Slugs are soooo Coool! Slimy lifeforms that live in or out of shells. Coool beans!!!
Yet,
So unoffensive in the Forest or the Sea, but I'd cast a "slug be gone spell" myself if they were crawling in my bathtub or my kitchen, Yuuuuuck.

Thank god it wasnt spiders!!!! They freak me out big time!!!

Old 10-03-2001, 10:01 PM   #29
Conan

Quote:
do you mean the tv thing?? Why mad?? The cheetah demands an explanation!

I have totally caught the opposite ends of your writings.Thats all. I told everyone I liked Green Peace from the begining and now I like it even more Hmmm. You surprise me in your actions. I would mix together my own different thoughts and come up with something totally different. reserved, and I guess kind of non-threatening.?? Thats just plain unfair

------------------
*\Conan/*

Old 10-03-2001, 10:18 PM   #30
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:

Epona - No these new bugs aren't cockroaches, I've seen those before. Are jet black, bout 2 to 2 1/2 inches long, with like this segmented body with a hard shell, swivelling head, 3 inch long antennas.

Are they sort of like large, black earwigs, only dull, not shiny? Do they cock their 'tai' end over their back like a scorpion if you get too close, of make a loud noise? If so, they are probably 'devil's coach horses', which look scary but are pretty harmless to humans - though they CAN nip you.

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.