Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-21-2002, 03:31 PM   #1
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice
 

Join Date: October 29, 2001
Location: North Carolina
Age: 55
Posts: 3,257
As our story opens onto the next chapter, the majority of our intrepid group is headed North to face a black dragon that has taken a young princess hostage.

Sir Blandamour and his squire, Eliza, have met with the king and discussed the dragon's ransom demand. He desires a powerful magic item which the king owns. The king has refused to pay the ransom and instructed Sir Blandamour to kill the dragon.

Lady Galadria had stayed behind in Korup-Shun to search for the person responsible for ordering the death of Isaura, a young princess herself who has lost her memory after being attacked and killed by thugs in Korup-Shun. Galadria arrived in time to kill the attackers, but couldn't save Isaura. However, she was able to Resurrect her and restore her to health.

Thier investigation into the attack led to a confrontation with several of the locals in Korup-Shun. During the confrontation, many commoners were slain and the authorities are now seeking the arrest of the paladins....leading them to quickly exit the city. However, the "Pitters" won't soon forget their transgressions and are sure to seek revenge sooner or later.

The rest of the group (Addison, Kishin, Skye, and Ni Deng) have decided to accompany Galadria on the dragon quest. They have been joined - at least temporarily - by Legolas and Sorsha.

Finally, we have TAO and Raymond. Both of them have remained behind to commune and seek fellowship with the local druids in Steeplewood Forest.

And now.....back to our story.


[ 06-22-2002, 04:57 AM: Message edited by: Cerek the Barbaric ]
Cerek the Barbaric is offline  
Old 06-21-2002, 04:01 PM   #2
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth
 

Join Date: February 7, 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 1,980
ooc: Nice summary, Cerek. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

NOTE - With the departure of the group I will consider the matter between Isaura and Cora and the associated plotlines with the druids to be closed unless Mistral explicitly re-opens the issue. Cora’s vindictive anger will not follow the group out of the city. The druids will move on to other things .....


Constable Isaaks

“I wonder if all of them will leave,” he says as he limps out into the street. How many times has he seen this same scene played out? Champions from other places arrive here only to find that heroism has no value upon these streets and that enemies are both easily made and hard to identify. Always there are the bodies and always there are innocents numbered among the dead and the city is usually worse off for having received visitors. ~ Still, there is some little good to have come out of that senseless slaughter in the Pit. I have a name now for that one who has been moving against me – Adam Silver. ~ He pauses. ~ That name was hardly worth so much death.

He grows silent and the sounds of the city, his city, fill his ears. Sweet and cynical Korup-shun where names and titles are bought and sold as easily as anything else. None are innocent here and none leave this place as innocent as when they arrived. There is a strange and refreshing honesty about that for pretensions cannot last long in such a place. He thinks once more of the name – Silver. A move will need to be made, but it is important not to hurry such things. Absently his hand brushes against his wounded leg. “No,” he says with a wry smile, “the dance here is a delicate one and it is best not to step wrongly.”

_______________________________________

The Steeplewood Forest

Iphigenia


The woman who had spied upon them has used some form of magic trinket to vanish. “Interesting,” Iphigenia whispers, “for her sake she had best not assume to be able to repeat this little performance. That would prove to be a foolish and fatal error for she will not survive a second visit to this wood which has now tasted the signature of her life.” Turning to TAOWolf, she smiles, “Not a friend of yours, then, I gather?” She walks through the tangled undergrowth to where the woman stood and touches the earth with her hand. Rising, she whispers an incantation and smiles.

“Come,” she says to TAO. “This foolishness has delayed us long enough and Raymond awaits your company.”


ooc: Once again, assuming that TAO is willing, the two will step through the tree and emerge near Raymond and Ligeia.

It will be a fatal mistake for any character to enter either the Steeplewood or the estate unannounced in the wake of the previous incident. The women will be neither gentle nor understanding nor will they be caught off guard by any character.

There is no further information about the women available from any outside source. I will divulge what there is to be learned about them as the thread progresses.
Cyril Darkcloud is offline  
Old 06-21-2002, 06:53 PM   #3
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon
 

Join Date: June 21, 2001
Location: Oakton, VA (summer) Boston, MA (...not summer...)
Age: 31
Posts: 1,652
OOC- Grr, I'm gonna [img]graemlins/troutslap.gif[/img] Elif. [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img] I'm still waiting for him to pm me back/restore Skye's memory... *sighs* -.- also, just to let you all know, I'm gonna be unable to reach this site starting this Sunday to August 7th. I'm gonna be in China, and only able to access my email. So unless you have some urge to email me what's goin on so that I can participate (yelza27@aol.com), I'll be dropping outta sight for awhile. Do what you want with my character til then. ^^

[ 06-21-2002, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: Skydracgrrl ]
Skydracgrrl is offline  
Old 06-21-2002, 08:16 PM   #4
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice
 

Join Date: September 5, 2001
Location: House of Freelight
Age: 41
Posts: 3,159
OOC>>> Wonderful summary, Cerek [img]smile.gif[/img] And Larry, one more word about NWN and I'll... I'll... [img]graemlins/troutslap.gif[/img] you too [img]tongue.gif[/img] If you read this in time, Skye - enjoy yourself in China For the rest of us, let's onward with the story [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

IC>>>
Isaura

She focuses her attention to the scene before her, ignoring the discomforting presence of Sorsha behind ~ I do hope I will prove an asset to Galadria. ~ Reaching into her pocket to finger the hilt of her dagger ~ "My Lady, if we should have the time, I would be honoured if you would teach me a few strokes of wielding any blade, such as a dagger." ~ Her cheeks reddening a little ~ "I intend not only to defend myself, but do my part to slaughter any beast that threatens to harm you." ~ Her voice faltering a little ~ "I hope I do not sound boastful; it is my sincere wish to be useful to the party." ~ So saying, they continue to make progress towards Galadria's destination.
mistral4543 is offline  
Old 06-21-2002, 08:21 PM   #5
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice
 

Join Date: September 5, 2001
Location: House of Freelight
Age: 41
Posts: 3,159
Sorsha

As she walks on, her mind drifts off to the temple she had dwelled in for a while, before her re-emergence into society ~ Cure light wounds... sanctuary... cure disease... ~ She quietly runs through the incantations in her mind, seeking to reaffirm her memory of this precious and newly-acquired skill. Rather bemused that she has yet to put it to the test, she turns to Legolas and murmurs ~ "Do you know that I picked up a few useful clerical spells back at the temple? I... I, too, hope to be useful to the party." ~ She flushes slightly before continuing ~ "But more importantly, to you." ~ She continues walking, her mind no longer heeding the fact that her feet and body are aching from the exercise.
mistral4543 is offline  
Old 06-21-2002, 10:12 PM   #6
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon
 

Join Date: June 21, 2001
Location: Oakton, VA (summer) Boston, MA (...not summer...)
Age: 31
Posts: 1,652
OOC- hehe, thanx Mistral. ^^ Like I said.. I won't be here from SUNDAY to Aug 7th. ^__^ unfortunately for you all, that means no celebrating for another 2 days, heheh.
Skydracgrrl is offline  
Old 06-22-2002, 09:44 AM   #7
Attalus
Symbol of Bane
 

Join Date: November 26, 2001
Location: Texas
Age: 69
Posts: 8,167
OOC>> Nice summary Cerek! IC>
KINN'ZUWANNIK (The great black dragon awakens again to the sounds of the whimpering of his caaptive) "Your Royal Highness, I do not care if it is cold. The place in my heart that held my sweet vase is cold, too. Your royal father had better lose his stubbornness, or I shall start sending him pieces of you through my special messenger. He likes to do things like that." (A rapid buzzing, rather like a large bee is heard.) "Ah, there he is, now." (A quickling enters the cave. NOTE: Now, for those of you who do not know, a quickling is like a small fairy, but acts as if always under a hasten spell. They are quite malicious.)

BZZRP "Great dragon! Great dragon! He comes! The one from the woods!"

KINN'ZUWAWANIK "Ah, my little druid. Let him come in, then."
Attalus is offline  
Old 06-22-2002, 09:58 AM   #8
Attalus
Symbol of Bane
 

Join Date: November 26, 2001
Location: Texas
Age: 69
Posts: 8,167
GREENTUNIC (He is a middle-aged druid, looking like he has never bathed. His hair and beard are unkempt.)"Hail, Dragon! I have ill news. The ones going to aid Beresfor fought past my ambuscade. My daughter, Diana, was one of the slain. I have managed to restore her life, but just barely. She remains desperately ill of a great gash that the paladin's sword rent in her side."

KINN'ZUWANNIK "Spare me the details of your domestic economy, druid. That you failed is bad enough. So, I must face Blandamour of the Iron Arm, again? Bah, I must be careful. He bested me once before, on a trick. Does anyone accompany him?"

GREENTUNIC (He might have flushed under the grime, but it would be hard to tell. He seems to smile at having bad tidings.) "At this time, only a slip of a girl. Mayus, one of the wolves that survived, said that she did not even get a blow in. But, news from my kindred to the south. Another party, with mages and adepts of great power jouney to join him"

KINN'ZUWANNIK "Mages? Adepts? I do not want to fight all of these at once. Gather your wolves, and some more of your tree-huggers. If you want me to keep these woods clear of humans, you must stop this party. The mages should be no match for your wolves, anyway."

(Greentunic slips away. Word goes out, and any psionics in the party will become aware of hostile thoughts against you, athwart and to the north of your road. Also, you may sense hostile magic.)
Attalus is offline  
Old 06-22-2002, 10:06 AM   #9
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice
 

Join Date: September 5, 2001
Location: House of Freelight
Age: 41
Posts: 3,159
OOC>>> Great posts, Attalus! I like them [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
mistral4543 is offline  
Old 06-22-2002, 10:13 AM   #10
Galadria
20th Level Warrior
 

Join Date: November 3, 2001
Location: Texas
Age: 48
Posts: 2,830
LADY GALADRIA(She turns to Isaura and smiles.) "Why do you still call me 'my lady'? It seems that I should be calling you 'your royal highness'! Let it just be Galadria and Isaura, then. Much simpler. Especially if I were to teach you to use that blade. Now, let me see. Hm, wicked looking dagger, some kind of a spell on it, or I'm a druid. Should be a match for my toothpick." (She draws the magical dagger that cured Blandamour so many months before.) "All right, this evening, when we camp, I'll start your lessons."
Galadria is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Did you like "War of the Spider Queen"? (very spoily) Marty4 Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics) 2 07-24-2005 03:04 PM
Hazardous Times, Chapter XIII- Dangers Abound Galadria Ironworks Online Roleplaying 211 11-19-2002 06:53 PM
Hazardous Times: Chapter XII - Yet More Intrigues mistral4543 Ironworks Online Roleplaying 297 09-14-2002 09:28 AM
Hazardous Times: Chapter X "Where Hidden Dangers Lurk" Larry_OHF Ironworks Online Roleplaying 299 06-21-2002 11:55 AM
More of the "wrong times to bring up NPC dialog" Darth Bob Baldurs Gate II Archives 0 11-06-2001 08:09 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2017 Ironworks Gaming TM & The Great Escape Studios - All Rights Reserved