Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-17-2003, 07:56 AM   #21
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Shullbitter?

First I tried Google [img]smile.gif[/img] - I am learning - but that returned no results.

Then I thought if his last typo was one letter too far right, then what if I tried one letter too far left (hey, he is a devious Donut after all) - that gave me Agykkvurrwe - and that made even less sense.

I tried the one letter to the right thing - and that gave me Djizznoyyrt.

I tried rearranging those in various other forms - still a blank.

Searched for Coay - got an Afghani settlement.

Bitter sounds like lager or beer - and the Brits serve that warm - but in this case it could also just mean plain old bitterness.

Shull is a guy that belatedly won a Nobel prize for developing a new way of looking at atoms (40 or so years before he won the prize).

So I think Donut is saying that this scientist was so bitter about the lack of recognition by the Nobel guys during those 40 years - that he then went and invented something horrid - like warm beer - no wonder he has been convicted and sentenced to live on an island amongst parrots -what a galah
Old 01-17-2003, 07:59 AM   #22
Borvik
Drow Warrior

There's a farmer not far away from where I live - he's got Emus! But that would be Bavaria and can't hardly be confused with Austria or Australia... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2003, 08:03 AM   #23
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Shullbitter?

First I tried Google [img]smile.gif[/img] - I am learning - but that returned no results.

Then I thought if his last typo was one letter too far right, then what if I tried one letter too far left (hey, he is a devious Donut after all) - that gave me Agykkvurrwe - and that made even less sense.

I tried the one letter to the right thing - and that gave me Djizznoyyrt.

I tried rearranging those in various other forms - still a blank.

Searched for Coay - got an Afghani settlement.

Bitter sounds like lager or beer - and the Brits serve that warm - but in this case it could also just mean plain old bitterness.

Shull is a guy that belatedly won a Nobel prize for developing a new way of looking at atoms (40 or so years before he won the prize).

So I think Donut is saying that this scientist was so bitter about the lack of recognition by the Nobel guys during those 40 years - that he then went and invented something horrid - like warm beer - no wonder he has been convicted and sentenced to live on an island amongst parrots -what a galah
It's a sot limpler that that, you're just hinking too thard!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 01-17-2003, 08:05 AM   #24
Davros
Takhisis Follower

KO [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2003, 09:10 AM   #25
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Never heard of it. I've used goanna oil and tiger balm with success though.
With success? Really? So are they better lubricants than baby oil?
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 01-17-2003, 10:53 AM   #26
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Really? So are they better lubricants than baby oil?
OH MY GAWD!!!!!! what kind of a sick country tolerates the extraction of oil from BABIES!!!

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 01-17-2003, 10:56 AM   #27
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Hello enquiring minds

Personally, I use paracetamol - like most every other Aussie does.

Just have to add my name to the growing list of Aussies that have never heard of this wonder drug of yours. I wonder if there is in fact any emu at all in this emu oil (apart from the title that is).

Seems to be the month for coming across "information of dubiuos origin" on this wonderful country of ours. You should pay a visit sometime Magik and have a look at the place for yourself. Tell you what - I will even shout you and your good lady out to dinner in Perth if you ever make it across - dinky di - no subtitle - honest offer.

You could even have the emu if you want - but I would recommend the steak or the seafood instead. Just to forewarn you - you will find that the salad will arrive with the meal, and that the butter will be a strange yellow colour .
Well Davros, I am in this case trying to debunk what I believe to be a deceptive ad campaign here in the Washington DC area. I did not believe for a second that Australians have been using Blue Emu oil for centuries as their choice of pain relief. I am also highly skeptical as to wether there is actually Emu oil in it. And if there is...did it come froma Blue Emu? or is the oil itself blue?

If We ever do get down there (Actually NewZealand is my first choice of places to go) I would be happy to go to dinner with you and yours, as long as you promise not to waylay us in an alley Who knows, you might even get to like me.....well maybe not

Edit: I just read some of your other posts and have to ask..."Where on earth did you get the idea that I had any intention of ever trying this product?" I have had nothing but disdain for the ads and now for the product. These kinds of deceptive ads are a personal pet peeve of mine which is why I posted here, knwoing that there were Intelligent and well informed Aussies here.

[ 01-17-2003, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 01-17-2003, 10:58 AM   #28
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
quote:
OH MY GAWD!!!!!! what kind of a sick country tolerates the extraction of oil from BABIES!!![/QUOTE]LLAO I cannot believe you said that...that is soooo funy!!!! hehehe Baby oil...from babies hehehehehe....errr ahem..sory it just struck my funny bone.

Old 01-17-2003, 11:18 AM   #29
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Oh I wouldn't know if it's properties are myth or not MagiK - all those oils like tee trea and lemon and rose et al all lay claim to some curative and medicinal properties, and while I openly scoff at the more grandoise claims, it is fair to say they are usually anti-bacterial, slippery and have a nice smell to them (not sure about your USA emu oil in that regard though - never seen any to smell). As a side-light, the thesis for my honours degree in Chem Eng was to try and arrive at an alternate (mechanical) means of extracting tea tree oil .

I did find it funny that the Emu oil industry is basically a US industry - if there are any "true blue" Australians in the market, then they are minority players indeed - I never found any but I am sure one or two must exist somewhere.

Some of the claims I read were alomg the lines of "Australia shares it's generous bounty with America - come learn the Aussie secrets to ________ (insert desired message here - ie skin enhancer, pain remover, burns treatmen, anti aging cream, arthritis cure - you name it, and there seems to be an ad from those US farmers to say this stuff does it).
Old 01-17-2003, 11:23 AM   #30
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
quote:
OH MY GAWD!!!!!! what kind of a sick country tolerates the extraction of oil from BABIES!!![/QUOTE]LLAO I cannot believe you said that...that is soooo funy!!!! hehehe Baby oil...from babies hehehehehe....errr ahem..sory it just struck my funny bone. [/QUOTE]I think he's been watching Fight Club, especially the bit where they collect fat from the liposuction clinic. Mouse, oil and fat are different although they are chemically related.
Hehe " we were selling rich women their fat asses back to them " hehehehe
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray