Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2002, 01:35 AM   #1
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

For those who love country, I was working on a gig on wednesday night for two young Aussie country singers - Catherine Britt and Tamara Stewart. They're both with ABC Records. They're both great - Catherine Britt seemed more trad? country (I don't know the correct terms) - killer voice, but my favourite was Tamara Stewart - awesome voice, a 'crossover' sound between country, rock, blues and pop. Great entertainer (it was an industry night, and the invited crowd actually shutup when she was singing!). Check them out!

I'm not generally a country fan but I also love Kasey Chambers
Old 04-19-2002, 07:36 AM   #2
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Arhhh Country Music!

**GokuZool starts running away and screaming**

Kewl..where was the gig?
Old 04-19-2002, 08:23 AM   #3
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

... I just... cant... imagine what your music sounds like.. the ausie accent and musical tones in accompanyment with that southern texas stuff... err in a mixture.. it.. just... don't go together... AAH all this thinking is makin' me leyoose mah perspicawcity yaaeerrraagg!!
Old 04-19-2002, 09:13 AM   #4
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
... I just... cant... imagine what your music sounds like.. the ausie accent and musical tones in accompanyment with that southern texas stuff... err in a mixture.. it.. just... don't go together... AAH all this thinking is makin' me leyoose mah perspicawcity yaaeerrraagg!!
That's right. Only Americans can sing in American accents can't they. And who do these foreigners think they are, taking Irish, Folk and American Southern music and morphing it into their own brand of musical expression.

Cretins all.

Besides, according to the US music critics Kasey must be from Louisiana right? She can't really be from down under.

I just can't imagine what foreign music sounds like. Especially since I don't get to hear any.

[ 04-19-2002, 09:14 AM: Message edited by: Yorick ]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 04-19-2002, 10:13 AM   #5
Argus
The Magister

Yorick,

I had to laugh at your post as it brought to mind a conversation from several nights ago:

After several beers at a pub, there was a spirited argument at our table between an American and an Irishman both of whom were busy claiming that Loreena McKennitt (sp?) was from their respective countries based on her accent. Both were talking about how they could tell by the way she pronounced certain sounds that she was from their respective countries. Interestingly enough the lone Canadian didn't join the dicussion. What topped it off was when the American's girlfriend (who speaks only Russian) simply stated that the voice was beautiful as well as the music...who cares about her accent.

That was when everyone nodded sagely and looked intently into their beers. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2002, 10:55 AM   #6
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Argus:
Yorick,

I had to laugh at your post as it brought to mind a conversation from several nights ago:

After several beers at a pub, there was a spirited argument at our table between an American and an Irishman both of whom were busy claiming that Loreena McKennitt (sp?) was from their respective countries based on her accent. Both were talking about how they could tell by the way she pronounced certain sounds that she was from their respective countries. Interestingly enough the lone Canadian didn't join the dicussion. What topped it off was when the American's girlfriend (who speaks only Russian) simply stated that the voice was beautiful as well as the music...who cares about her accent.

That was when everyone nodded sagely and looked intently into their beers. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Very good. [img]smile.gif[/img]

...her music AND your story of course

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 04-22-2002, 09:09 PM   #7
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by GokuZool:
Arhhh Country Music!

**GokuZool starts running away and screaming**

Kewl..where was the gig?
Sydney Hilton it was.

Yorick and Argus, both very funny.

/)eathKiller, don't imagine, just go and listen!
Old 04-22-2002, 10:07 PM   #8
Serykar
Dungeon Master

Wow, I've just been to Loreena McKennitt's web site to listen to some of the music samples. I've so got to buy one of her CDs. Many thanks go to Argus, as I hadn't heard of her before. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2002, 05:38 AM   #9
Argus
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Serykar:
Wow, I've just been to Loreena McKennitt's web site to listen to some of the music samples. I've so got to buy one of her CDs. Many thanks go to Argus, as I hadn't heard of her before. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]smile.gif[/img] My pleasure to help out! I was introduced to her through a friend of mine at a Renaissance Festival outside of Philadelphia several years ago...I absolutely love her music!

Fits in nicely between Metallica and Bob Marley in the CD changer...