Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-20-2001, 06:22 AM   #1
Davros
Takhisis Follower

The title pretty much say it all - 90 mins away from qualification to possibly play Donut's boys in Korea. An away goal now please.
[img]graemlins/dance.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dance.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dance.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dance.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dance.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dance.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2001, 07:00 AM   #2
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
The title pretty much say it all - 90 mins away from qualification to possibly play Donut's boys in Korea. An away goal now please.
[img]graemlins/dance.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dance.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dance.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dance.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dance.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dance.gif[/img]

Tell us about the goal Davros. Was it a 30 yard screamer, or a diving header at the near post, or an overhead kick?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 11-20-2001, 07:20 AM   #3
Argus
The Magister

Just got back from watching the game...

And I must say that the penalty given that resulted in the penalty kick was fairly questionable...

Still, congrats to Australia I hope you make it to the big dance!
Old 11-20-2001, 07:39 AM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Argus - "questionable" - you have me puzzled I'm afraid - I have seen if 5 or 6 times in slow motion? Do you mean it is questionable whether the Uruguan defender was playing Rugby or Soccer - perhaps questionable that Agostino wanted to wait until after the game to have his jumper taken off for swapping with the defender, maybe questionable that the Uruguyan didn't get a yellow or red card for the blatant foul. Please note that there was "bugger all" argument against the decision by the boys in Blue or the keeper. Most of them just hung their heads in resignation.

I'll get off my soapbox now - that should have given Donut enough ammunition to take me down a peg or two . Umm, yes Donut, it was a penalty , and not a very decisively taken one at that. Still, winners are grinners - let's hope the odd goal is enough. While we are on the topic of football - Arrggghhhh - that ref should have blown the whistle 30 seconds before that late Spurs equaliser Grrrrrrr!!!.
Old 11-20-2001, 08:26 AM   #5
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:

I'll get off my soapbox now - that should have given Donut enough ammunition to take me down a peg or two . Umm, yes Donut, it was a penalty , and not a very decisively taken one at that. Still, winners are grinners - let's hope the odd goal is enough. While we are on the topic of football - Arrggghhhh - that ref should have blown the whistle 30 seconds before that late Spurs equaliser Grrrrrrr!!!.

Winners are grinners! Good grief Davros have you been on a visit to cliche city?

Yes, we let it slip at the end, a real shame because their fans had been ''aving it large' this week as we say in London. Coming on all Billy Big Spuds.

Throwing bottles on the pitch and pelting the team coach with bottles, cans and glasses. What nice people!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 11-20-2001, 08:37 AM   #6
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hmm, Cliche City - don't think I've ever been there - up north is it - near Carlisle or Windemere??? . Glad I caught you reply - was just about off to bed to catch a few more dreams about what it would be like if stupid EB games ever managed to send some copies of Wizardry 8 to a local OZ store one day (sigh - I wan't this game).

Yes, saw a little of the friendly crowd reaction - nice people huh??? Damn, Wright should have stoppped that one dammit. I see Leeds missed their two "Skippy's" on the weekend - first loss for the season . Oh, and you won't be surprised to hear that Muscat got a yellow card too .
Old 11-20-2001, 08:45 AM   #7
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Hmm, Cliche City - don't think I've ever been there - up north is it - near Carlisle or Windemere??? . Glad I caught you reply - was just about off to bed to catch a few more dreams about what it would be like if stupid EB games ever managed to send some copies of Wizardry 8 to a local OZ store one day (sigh - I wan't this game).

Yes, saw a little of the friendly crowd reaction - nice people huh??? Damn, Wright should have stoppped that one dammit. I see Leeds missed their two "Skippy's" on the weekend - first loss for the season . Oh, and you won't be surprised to hear that Muscat got a yellow card too .

Pesky Muskrat!
Old 11-20-2001, 10:43 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

Tell us about the goal Davros. Was it a 30 yard screamer, or a diving header at the near post, or an overhead kick?

Hi Donut! [img]smile.gif[/img] I heard the Gunners had the big derby against the Spurs last week. I'm really looking forward to finding out what the score was! I'm sure that the multimillion dollar Gunners, with a galaxy of French superstars, trampled all over the hapless Spurs.

What was the score btw?

Old 11-20-2001, 10:53 AM   #9
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:

Hi Donut! [img]smile.gif[/img] I heard the Gunners had the big derby against the Spurs last week. I'm really looking forward to finding out what the score was! I'm sure that the multimillion dollar Gunners, with a galaxy of French superstars, trampled all over the hapless Spurs.

What was the score btw?

It was Sunderland 2 Leeds 0. I believe Arsenal were thinking more about the Champions League match on Wednesday. Saturday was just another match!
Old 11-20-2001, 11:08 AM   #10
Argus
The Magister

Davros - a yellow or red card? Hmmmmm, they must show slightly different camera angles on British Eurosport (which was the signal we were watching the game on here in Moscow) than where you were watching the game. Ah well, speaking of Rugby I hear that Montero was asked after the game where he learned how to tackle and he said he learned it from watching Muscat in the Australia-French friendly.