Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-07-2001, 09:35 AM   #11
Trunks the Fighter
Dungeon Master

Wakasazhis (excuse my spelling) and ninja to's are in the same class as katana's not scimitars.And i agree that there should be more of them.

------------------
Relax guys,it's a monday!
Old 06-07-2001, 11:41 AM   #12
Aurican
Elminster

So basically, based on the game, the scim prof is a "sucky weapons category that really doesn't have any representation in the game therefore smashed together to make things easier" prof? What's the deal with that??

And, why isn't there a prof for missile weapons, like there is one for every other type of combat method, and unarmed combat for that matter?

------------------
Can an elf get a break anywhere these days?

http://angelfire.com/rpg/aurican
Old 06-07-2001, 11:42 AM   #13
Vampire

Wah:
Katanas and Washizis are already extra sharp and fine, thus even making +1 versions take years of high magic and a noble sacrifice. The Celestrial Fury maybe rubbish but it was probably the hardest to make!
Old 06-07-2001, 11:43 AM   #14
Vampire

Leagle:
Why don't you just use a staff+4?
I know you can't use the lovely shields in this game...oh well!
Uh the blackblood+3 club is nice!
Old 06-07-2001, 02:14 PM   #15
Legolas the Elven Archer

I believe you'd get some sort of warning when you wanted to invest in the ninja-to slot which was something like

WARNING: there are not many ninja-to's in Baldurs Gate 2

or whatever.
The creators were obviously aware of that, so if you spent your proficiencies there, you knew it probably wasn't the best decision to make. I don't know why they would want to make a seperate class for those two katanas, unless ToB is laden with the things...

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 06-07-2001, 02:42 PM   #16
Drawde1
The Magister

Personally I think scimitars are a great choice for Fighter/Druids since they can wear a shield at the same time as using them. I almost always have Fighter/Druids use a scimitar and club, and single-class Druids use a spear and quarterstaff (a secondary blunt weapon is always useful for fighting things like skeletons, golems and jellies). However for non-Druids they're not a very good choice, I agree. Although not as bad as Bastard Swords (you can't get any of those with a decent enchantment level until you reach the Underdark!)
Old 06-07-2001, 03:21 PM   #17
Leagle
Manshoon

Water's edge is not as good as Belm, but you guys didn't get the question, did you?

Ninja-Tos have a straight blade.

Scimitars are cool.

I like them.

Why the hell can't I use weapon finesse with them!!!?

Avatar, why on earth would I want to use a club or staff???
Are you mad???

I'm gonna lobby my Dm to change the weapon stats to make them more appropriate, the rapier, for instance is used with a dagger, I will force him to make reasonable changes!!! The only problem is he just will not listen to me, he thinks the rules are absolute, then changes it so that "only enemies can have a surprise round", how spasticated is that?

I needed that!
Old 06-07-2001, 03:46 PM   #18
Leagle
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:
I think they classified Scimitars and Ninja-Tos and Wakizashis together because of the curved blades.

Such a load of crap. You have never seen a decent scimitar, katanas have curved blades, wakizashis have curved blades, Scimitars have curved blades, (but different, and much cooler) Ninja-Tos don't. If you would like at least a little insight into what you are talking about, read their weapon description.

On a lighter note, (or maybe not) wtf does the paperdoll scimitar model look like a backwards kukri????
Old 06-07-2001, 03:48 PM   #19
Leagle
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Aurican:
I have two nice scimitars on my site that are unlike most in the game...
Oh, and thank you Aurican, you answered my main question. I have had a look at your page and t5hink it's nice -think you could make anymore scimitars?

P.S, one of your scimitars cannot be found or something, it is the top one, fire one, others work fine tho, will check out bye.

[This message has been edited by Leagle (edited 06-07-2001).]
Old 06-07-2001, 04:54 PM   #20
Shadowblade
The Magister

Yes make more scimitars. They're the best looking swords in the game. Which spud designer didn't create any more! There should be hundreads!

Scimitars whoop, whoop *BUMP* Ow!