Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-14-2001, 01:00 PM   #1
Shrylia
Manshoon

Ok...I knew I was going to underdark and have had some battles with alot of Kao tang lizards (I know this isn't quite right!) Now I have found a door in the western part ... not far from where I entered that I have gone through and there is a place to get some tainted lizard (polywag-like) eggs which I have added to the good eggs to ruin them and make the adults weaker. There is a big dragon or huge lizard that appears to be turned to stone that needs an animal sacrifice to restore it...and then there is a door that is guarded by a group of DROWs that are frightfully hard to beat to death! Is this the usual scenario down here ... or should I have not gone through that particular passageway...?
Old 05-14-2001, 01:15 PM   #2
masteraleph
Elminster

Spoilers!:

Should you have gone down there? Your choice. Not really, it's part of another quest, but you won't lose out on any xp for doing it (it's part of a quest where you're told: go to that area and kill the prince, or go to another area and kill another thing, or go to another area and kill another thing...for the items on them). Once you clear this area out, head to the svirfneblin village and they'll set you on your way.
Old 05-14-2001, 01:24 PM   #3
Shrylia
Manshoon

By 'clear out this area' do you mean the drow at the door also? Other then them I think I have 'cleared' everything else, but still no animal sacrifice for the 'frozen' dragon!?
Old 05-14-2001, 01:43 PM   #4
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Shrylia:
By 'clear out this area' do you mean the drow at the door also? Other then them I think I have 'cleared' everything else, but still no animal sacrifice for the 'frozen' dragon!?
You just save yourself some time. Pick up everything you find. If you kill the drow party, you will just save yourself the trouble of doing it later. It doesn't matter.

Spoiler
To get a sacrafice, cast a monster summoning spell onto the altar.

------------------

Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.
Old 05-14-2001, 01:48 PM   #5
Shrylia
Manshoon

Thanks padre!
Old 05-14-2001, 02:09 PM   #6
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

And then duck! Hehehe good luck!

BK

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Consort to a Queen
Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
Heart, Mind, and Soul
Offical Wizard and Warrior Questioner
What is this, the Spanish Inquisition?
Ironworks Answer Man
Old 05-14-2001, 02:15 PM   #7
dafan

hehe

------------------
I'm a protector of good
a seeker of truth
a symbol of light
a man of honor
Old 05-14-2001, 02:29 PM   #8
Shrylia
Manshoon

Something tells me that this big frozen lizard is
gonna be even more hungry after it wakes up...maybe
I should cast alot of extra monsters...ya know, for
hors'devres...so that I won't become one!??
Old 05-15-2001, 01:32 AM   #9
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Yeah you should definitely get all buffed up for the big fight with the statue. When it wakes up it immediately cast timestop and casts gate 3 times. It has 9 attacks per round and its claws are considered +4 weapons. It has a breath weapon that does 12 d10 damage. Its REALLY hard to kill.

------------------
Welcome to hell.
Old 05-15-2001, 01:53 AM   #10
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

You spoiled the surprise Caleb!!!
I probably wouldn't awaken the dragon yet if you're having trouble with just the drow. I was steamrolling the drow yet was still getting mashed after I made the sacrifice.

------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to visit this board.