Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2001, 02:23 AM   #1
daiSho
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok all... another quick one from a newb, i am just getting into the crypt area, and my team are all level 3-4. i am surely pumping up my warriors and priests, but it is killing me that my rogue and wizard are lagging behind badly in terms of training, etc... is it feasable to try to make my way over to the next town so they can join guilds and such, and then turn around and hit the crypt? any tips appreciated as always, thanks..
daiSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2001, 03:12 AM   #2
Jazzid
Manshoon

In order to get to the next town, you'll have to find the Ring of the Mavin in the crypt. Otherwise you can't get past the Oracles of Ishad N'ha.

You can train your wizard in the city of Valeia (it's even possible to make him a warlock early in the game), but your rouge will have to wait until you reach Ishad N'ha.

//Jazzid
Jazzid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2001, 03:14 AM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

To the best of my knowledge (and I have been out on vacation the past 5 weeks) there is no way of doing this (ie skipping over to Ishad). You need the signet of the Mavin (at the end of the crypt) before the oracles will let you pass through the caves. By the time you get to the end game, the wait for thief guild level will mean very little to overall character development. The general recomendation is to avoid the rogue class as a starter, and simply rotate a warrior through to Barbarian to get your lock picking base.

------------------
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2001, 03:15 AM   #4
daiSho
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ah, thanks for the reply Jazzid... ok, so my rogue is stuck until the crypt is done, no biggie... but i can get my wizard going now? where? i must have missed something, i couldn't find any guild for him to join in the first town! any tips much appreciated!
Old 09-21-2001, 04:08 AM   #5
Davros
Takhisis Follower

I suggest "Ye Olde Guilde of Magica" at the Wizarde Shoppe

------------------
Old 09-21-2001, 06:03 AM   #6
daiSho
Elite Waterdeep Guard

??? i don't seem to be seeing that building in the first town! there are a couple of buildings' that don't let you click on them, but they don't offer a description either... am i missing an entire building? please enighten!
Old 09-21-2001, 07:47 AM   #7
Jazzid
Manshoon

Strange that you can't click on the buildings. The Wizard Shoppe is to the left of the armory in Valeia (a stone building with a tower on it). Scroll past the armory, and you should be able to see the shop. If you can't get in there, there must be something wrong with your copy of the game.
//Jazzid
Jazzid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2001, 10:00 AM   #8
Davros
Takhisis Follower

This suggests you have the "WINDOWS ME" problem!!!!! The issue is that the town files need some re-formatting / decompressing to allow windows 2000 to cope with them. If so, then I suggest you search for a thread from Sazerac on Tech Related Issues - there is a well documented fix for this problem. Hope this helps.

------------------
Old 09-21-2001, 04:56 PM   #9
daiSho
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ah, thanks so much guys! damn, it looks like a restart is in order then... hmm, and w/ pool of radience right around the corner... curses!
Old 09-21-2001, 05:07 PM   #10
daiSho
Elite Waterdeep Guard

damn, i read all 6 pages of that tech thread, but couldn't find any mention of of others having the problem w/ not being able to enter some of the buildings in the first town... is it described as another problem? when i initially tried to play the game on w2k, i had the dreaded 'crash-to-desktop' problem, but am now running WinXP Pro, and haven't had crashes of any kind... a new issue?