Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-10-2000, 02:12 AM   #1
Gotaxewilltravel

I see that you need the sun gem to get through the magically-sealed doors (in the Shade Lord dungeon). However, the gem disappears after going through the first door, so I have no way of getting through the second one. What's the story?

Old 11-10-2000, 02:43 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

*hint* More than one path leads to where you want to go. If one path doesn't seem to work, look around for another one.
Old 11-10-2000, 02:56 AM   #3
Armisael

*spoiler* There's another sun gem in the hands of a statue past the floor with all the letters. There are three shadow gates and two sun gems. You can bypass one of the gates.

Old 11-10-2000, 03:00 AM   #4
Gotaxewilltravel

I appreciate your willingness to help without giving it all away. Still, I can't find a way to get through the 2nd magic door (of the 3--prior to the Amunator floor puzzle), which means I also have no access to the dusk ritual scroll. I tried looking for secret doors, but there aren't any. Also, I noticed a trap on the eye of the statue puzzle (upper north west of map) but I can't disarm it without engaging a conversation with the statue. So, basically I'm at a loss. Do you think you can be slightly more specific? I don't want to ruin the fun of finding out myself, but I am getting a bit frustrated.

Old 11-10-2000, 03:39 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

You can find the answers to your questions by clicking here.
Old 11-10-2000, 03:43 AM   #6
Armisael

Come on, it's not THAT hard. I mean, either you can follow the winding corridor, or you can go off through the doorway to the right, across the bridge, past the lava pit and mini-crypt and come out on the other side of the second shadow gate. The doorway isn't hidden or anything - why so much trouble?