Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2006, 04:19 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>I came across some information on this movie, and decided to go ahead and get things rolling on a thread about it.

1. All three stars will be back for the fifth movie.
2. Filming starts Monday the 6th of February.
3. New Supporting Cast have been chosen already!

Luna: 14-year-old Evanna Lynch from Ireland, who attended the open casting call for the role three weeks ago, will start filming at Leavesden Studios later this month.

Tonks: This role will be played by Natalia Tena. She's starred in the BBC drama Casualty and acted in movies such as About a Boy.

Umbridge: She has been rumored to play the part for months now (saying it herself on GMTV), and WB has now officially confirmed that Imelda Staunton will play the nasty DADA teacher.

Bellatrix: Helen McCrory will play Sirius' cousin. She's appeared in the film, Count of Monte Cristo.

Mrs. Figg: Britain Kathryn Hunter (All or Nothing, Orlando).

Forbidden Forest centaur Magorian: Michael Wildman's (Casualty, The Merchant of Venice)

Ministry Auror, Kingsley Shacklebolt: George Harris

James Potter (young): Robbie Jarvis
</font>

Source on characters: http://www.mugglenet.com
Old 02-04-2006, 09:55 PM   #2
Sir Goulum
John Locke

So what exactly is this one all about? I've never exactly read the books, so I'm kinda out in the blue on this.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 11:37 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Book five takes the series to a darker, more serious level, as we see Harry's attitude and feelings change dramatically as J.K. Rowling takes us deeper and deeper into the fight between good and evil. Normally safe at the Dursley's, Harry suffers an almost fatal dementor attack before being taken to the secret headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix, a special group of wizards united in their efforts to defeat Voldemort and his followers. At the headquarters, Harry runs into Kreacher, a vile, horrible house elf and also Sirius' mother, who never misses an oppurtunity to scream the house down. Our hero returns to Hogwarts, where things begin to get ever more perilous as he encouters terrifying dreams, a teacher with an attitude like venom and corruption of the highest level and all the time, Harry still can't find out what exactly lies in the Department of Mysteries.
Even more exciting things happen in Harry's fifth year, including a large revelation from Hagrid, and a new subject teacher that tries to land on his four feet (no pun intended!). Harry has to partake in deadly detentions, secret meetings with fellow students and he gets banned from one of the things he loves the most. But it's not all gloom and doom! Fred and George give us a spectacular array of laughs gasps, Ron achieves something he's been wanting to for ages, we find out once and for all what pulls the Hogwarts carriages and Harry gets his first moment of love! We see several new characters, some we hate, some we love and some we suspect. We go to new magical places, see new magical spells and see what it is like to sit Hogwarts OWL tests.
Harry's life becomes ever more perilous as the book goes on, when he finds himself in the Ministry of Magic under direct threat from some of the most feared creatures in the magical world: Voldemort's death eaters. In a showing of bravery, skill and courage, our hero and his friends fight and fight and Harry comes face to face with an extremely dangerous death eater. And if you want to know more, read the book. It's filled with tragedy, happiness, suspense and creativity and should not be missed by any Harry Potter fan.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was awaited by millions of fans for three years. When it hit shelves, it created a worldwide phenomenom and shattered previous pre-order records. Hundreds of thousands of people queued outside book stores on June 20th, 2003 until the clock struck midnight, so that they would be the first to purchase the book they'd been waiting for. It's obvious from the reviews and sales figures that book five is also an exception.
http://www.mugglenet.com/books/index.shtml
Old 02-05-2006, 01:17 PM   #4
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I really liked this book. Of course it's the only one I read, but I liked the story.
Old 02-05-2006, 05:45 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I found the first half of the book to plod on, but the second half to pick up speed tremendously. Hopefully the movie will speed through the "proof" chapters in the first half, and get to the meat of the matter.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 06:46 PM   #6
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
<font color=skyblue>I came across some information on this movie, and decided to go ahead and get things rolling on a thread about it.

1. All three stars will be back for the fifth movie.
2. Filming starts Monday the 6th of February.
3. New Supporting Cast have been chosen already!

Luna: 14-year-old Evanna Lynch from Ireland, who attended the open casting call for the role three weeks ago, will start filming at Leavesden Studios later this month.

Tonks: This role will be played by Natalia Tena. She's starred in the BBC drama Casualty and acted in movies such as About a Boy.

Umbridge: She has been rumored to play the part for months now (saying it herself on GMTV), and WB has now officially confirmed that Imelda Staunton will play the nasty DADA teacher.

Bellatrix: Helen McCrory will play Sirius' cousin. She's appeared in the film, Count of Monte Cristo.

Mrs. Figg: Britain Kathryn Hunter (All or Nothing, Orlando).

Forbidden Forest centaur Magorian: Michael Wildman's (Casualty, The Merchant of Venice)

Ministry Auror, Kingsley Shacklebolt: George Harris

James Potter (young): Robbie Jarvis
</font>

Source on characters: http://www.mugglenet.com
I tell you, as an actor from the UK > you get yourself on casualty and you've got it made
Old 03-24-2007, 06:24 PM   #7
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>I did not know where else to post this and did not want to start a new thread on it.

The three stars of Harry Potter have signed on to complete filming of the remaining two movies!

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/a.../23/c6173.html

There was some discussion that Emma at least was thinking about not coming back after movie five. She's decided to stay! </font>
Old 03-28-2007, 11:14 PM   #8
DBear
Drow Warrior

I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned that Helen McCrory has had to sign off of playing Bellatrix due to pregnancy, and Helena Bonham Carter is taking the role.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:33 AM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by DBear:
I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned that Helen McCrory has had to sign off of playing Bellatrix due to pregnancy, and Helena Bonham Carter is taking the role.
<font color=skyblue>Crap! Missed that one!</font>
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:26 AM   #10
NewbietoRPGs
Drow Warrior

This is the newest trailer link:

http://www.harrypotterorderofthephoenix.com/
NewbietoRPGs is offline   Reply With Quote