Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-23-2011, 06:54 PM   #31
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Default Re: Has it really been ten years?

SkyrimskyrimskyrimYAY.

But it's odd. I haven't posted here properly in at least 5 of my registered years, and yet I still see the same names about. Ironworks seems to be more of a lifestyle choice than a forum...

I used to capitalise every letter (for some reason), now I've learned to type. I can also now spell the word biscuit, and I am no longer sporting the nickname Binky. Life does go on eh?

It is odd though, from Davros' post. I don't think I've ever met another Ironworker. Except for Lavindathar, who I knew before either of us were here. But then again, I don't think that too many lived anywhere near me. Brings back some fond memories this board, though.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:49 PM   #32
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I joined in 2000 when it was still a blueboard before this one came into existence. It really is amazing it has been so long! A lot has changed for me since then. I married, then divorced, and have gone through several jobs. Life is pretty good for me now, although of course I am always looking for greener pastures.

As for Ironworkers I have met - Lord of Alcohol, Charlie and Epona (I immediately liked all of them)

A lot of forums have come and gone, probably because people move on, or maybe have posted about so many topics they are all posted out, and I think places like Facebook and MMORGS (I'd love to see more multiplayer gaming options here, I don't like gaming online with strangers!) have grown ever so popular. But I'm glad Ironworks is still here and even though I don't post as much, I still check it out pretty regularly. I will always be a part of this place and support its longevity.

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:41 AM   #33
uss
20th Level Warrior

I joined in 2001 November (just like it says next to my posts). Probably the main changes I'd point out are that I lived in China for a year and I've begun my BA studies in Philosophy. It's loads of fun.

I've honestly generally kept away from CRPGs since I stopped playing BGII and all the other awesome games from around that time.They just don't make them like they used to.

While I don't come to IWF often, I sometimes do stop by to lurk around. It's great to see that the place is still here, same as always.
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:05 AM   #34
Sparhawk
Quintesson

It is indeed nice to see the old Ironworkers comming out from the behind the works...and as Beaumanoir wrote - Ironworks IS a lifestyle choice - for some - or else it is just pure nostalgia and the thoughts of nice people that draws me here.

in regards to the comment on missing MMO's - I am waiting for Torchlight 2 to hit the retailers in april - its not MMO but does have Multi and seems to be a clone of diablo2 and dungeon siege... It looks good for me ( played the first one through several times ) so if anyone wants to co-op the pm me for some battling of strange creatures and fun
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:13 PM   #35
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Personally I'm looking forward to Diablo 3. I've had so really good time playing that game with the people here in the past.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:42 PM   #36
Tom
Elminster

Wow, I was just 12 years old when I joined this forum. thats pretty funny
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:32 AM   #37
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellard View Post
My kids were rug rats when I joined what was my first ever forum ... Now they are teenagers with thier own forums. And I seem to have gone strangely wider around the waste in that time
I wouldn't normally comment on a spelling error wellard, but as we are old mates, I can tell you that's RUBBISH!

D
Lanesra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:31 PM   #38
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

This April 5th is also our 10th year Wedding Anniversary!!!
(we've been together since 1994)

Which is awesome. I mean, these days, its rare, ya know?

BTW all you IW'ers facebook me!! http://www.facebook.com/dhuling

It's amazing that it's been 11 years (including blueboard).. I mean, I never thought I'd create such a forum that turned into a close
friendly place, kinda like a family. Heck, because of Ironworks, people got married. THAT right there is worth it for me!

I plan on IW's being here in 20 years! Have been having some health issues, but are getting better. I have MANY new things for IW's to come soon.
I'm almost done with my tgeweb remake. Its massive... over 200 html pages. Then update/upgrade Ironworks Gaming website, and the Forum.

BTW, I sprained my right wrist bad.. this was like 3 weeks ago. The swelling and bruising went down after 3-4 days, but its going on 4 weeks! Normal to still hurt?
It begins to hurt when I use the mouse, lift things... I'm a righty so its getting irritating. more than painful.

If its not better by 6 weeks, I'll get an x ray.. I mean, I probably ripped the tendon...

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:27 AM   #39
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion

Hmmm... I dislocated my left knee cap almost 2 years ago. Took over a month before I could go without crutches. Still bothers me now and then. Bicycling helps though, so perhaps consult a physician on some therapeutic excercizes? Personally, I never saw a doctor on the issue, just pushed it back in place and hobbled home and put some ice and bandaging on it. (probably not the smartest way to handle it)

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:14 AM   #40
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yeah, I would rather not have to go to the doc for it.. I've done it before, but this time its healing slower.. must have been worse this time.. dunno. It IS doing better. Just irritating mostly

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote