Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2007, 04:38 AM   #11
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Default Re: Solo Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillelr View Post
Hi
i am new here so i am sorry for the noob question
when you say solo you mean you play all BGSoA
with only one character and no party members?
is this possible?
Yes, precisely that. It's actually not that difficult seeing how you gain 6 times as much XP, so get powerful pretty fast (and during battle you have only one character to worry about not dying). If you're used to playing with a party, you might a face few difficulties at the beginning to adjust your strategies and get used to it, but once you get the hang of it, solo becomes much easier.

I soloed only once with a kensai->mage (dualled at 21) and it was great. Other good classes are sorceror, cleric/mage, fighter/mage, fighter->thief, fighter->druid, monk, archer, paladin kit, (and swashbuckler (??)). Single clerics are more difficult since they only get 1 apr and lack the more powerful offensive arcane spells. However, AFAIK every class has been soloed before, even single class clerics and bards.

EDIT: it seems Armen beat me to an answer while I was typing

Last edited by ZFR; 09-09-2007 at 04:42 AM.
ZFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:04 PM   #12
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Though soloing should be reserved for more experienced players, not only because it of it's challenge, but because of the fact that those players already have seen most of what SoA/ToB has to offfer. Newer players should try to get the most out of the game with a full-fleshed out party.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 02:53 AM   #13
Rockstar
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillelr View Post
Hi
i am new here so i am sorry for the noob question
when you say solo you mean you play all BGSoA
with only one character and no party members?
is this possible?
Yes, and its generally quicker too due to shorter travel times with the boots of speed and not having to wait around for other party members.

Soloing is all in preperation. If you have passed the game before then go to www.mikesrpgcenter.com and work out what weapon proficiencies will work for you and what items you will need on your road to power. Items can make or break a character...

Always spend a good time rolling your stats. Raise all class stats to the roof and regardless, always max dex and con. Power gaming is shunned, but to me soloing is soloing and the challenge is using the tools you have for every situation, not deliberately lowering the number of spells you have at your disposal or your chance to hit. I can't remember my last party game, but in those instances I role play to the bone.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote