Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

View Poll Results: Help me and my band to decide a name.
Less Than A Miracle 7 20.59%
Pretty In Plaid 3 8.82%
Tears For Waking Eyes 4 11.76%
A Lovers Quarrel 4 11.76%
The Understudies 1 2.94%
Last One Picked For Dodgeball 3 8.82%
Dreaming Of Velvet 6 17.65%
The Kiss Of Vengence 1 2.94%
Missed By An Inch 2 5.88%
Gentle Divinity 1 2.94%
Enthralled By Silence 1 2.94%
Bleeding Melodies 1 2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2004, 08:03 PM   #21
Jorath Calar
Harper

Missed by an inch got my vote, sounds very cool for a idie band... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Oh and did you know AFI is Icelandic for grandpa... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2004, 08:35 PM   #22
spydar

I picked Missed by an Inch too.
A friend of mine is in a band too, I think they're being called Red Voodoo this week, but I'm trying to get them to change it to Slow Children at Play.
Old 06-05-2004, 08:39 PM   #23
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
I don't think so since some of the rap tracks around are the deepest, most meaningful, have the best lyrics AND the funkiest beats, and when those elements are combined, you can't get better [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sure you can [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Metal, classic, a lot of other rock (if you can find the right artist) is full of meaningful lyrics that can move a lot of people. I like very, very little rap music and no offense Vaskez, most of it just a bunch of negative crap anyway.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:10 PM   #24
Dirty Meg
Baaz Draconian

Suggestions for your band name...

The Bader Meinhof group
The Incredible edible band
The William Blake 7
The Edelweiss Pirates of Cologne
Old 06-05-2004, 09:45 PM   #25
Amaze me SxE
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i hate rap, no offense guys, it's just not my thing and all of it that i've heard is not meaningful, listen to atreyu very good lyrical band, very meaningful i got alot of my lyrical influence from them.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:53 PM   #26
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I like the old style rap, not the new stuff, it makes no sense to me, but give me one from RunDMC and I will be happy [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2004, 09:58 PM   #27
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
I like the old style rap, not the new stuff, it makes no sense to me
I still say they're not words, just mumbling [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2004, 10:43 PM   #28
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
quote:
I don't think so since some of the rap tracks around are the deepest, most meaningful, have the best lyrics AND the funkiest beats, and when those elements are combined, you can't get better [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sure you can [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Metal, classic, a lot of other rock (if you can find the right artist) is full of meaningful lyrics that can move a lot of people. I like very, very little rap music and no offense Vaskez, most of it just a bunch of negative crap anyway.
[/QUOTE]You haven't had someone like me to sift through the crap and show you the light A lot of it is negative, yeah, but it's still funky anyway, I'm not gonna have another debate about this....suffice to say, I see where you're coming from, but I'm not interested. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

anyway, there're certain categories in which rap would win hands down among all the genres. Two examples:

best beat and greatest lyrical dexterity from an artist (anyone who's heard some Twista tracks or Bone Thugs-N-Harmony will know what I mean

[ 06-05-2004, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 06-05-2004, 10:47 PM   #29
uss
20th Level Warrior

I'm having trouble voting for one, as I don't understand any of the band names, really. [img]smile.gif[/img] I think you should look at your past and make up a name that means something. Just a friendly suggestion. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Out of the ones you listed here, I would've chosen Bleeding Melodies if it hadn't reminded me of 'making ears bleed.'

The same goes for Enthralled By Silence. Doesn't the name kind of hint that the music would be bad - That the listener would deem it so bad he'd be enthralled by silence?

Gentle Divinity implies that you make soft music, which I think isn't the case.

Less Than A Miracle is probably the one you should choose, if you want one of these names. In my opinion, that is.
Old 06-05-2004, 11:22 PM   #30
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
You haven't had someone like me to sift through the crap and show you the light A lot of it is negative, yeah, but it's still funky anyway, I'm not gonna have another debate about this....suffice to say, I see where you're coming from, but I'm not interested. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
But Vaskez, if you sift through the crap, there's nothing left to be shown the light

I'm not here to debate over it Vaskez, I'm just telling you how it is in my opinion. Besides, I argue with you enough in enough threads as it is [img]tongue.gif[/img]