Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2002, 03:37 AM   #1
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I will be popping over to these countries sometime around mid-February... need to know whether I should purchase warmer clothing in anticipation of really cold weather [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks!

PS. I am living in a country located around the equator, so pretty much used to warm weather throughout the year...
Old 01-31-2002, 03:57 AM   #2
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:
I will be popping over to these countries sometime around mid-February... need to know whether I should purchase warmer clothing in anticipation of really cold weather [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks!

PS. I am living in a country located around the equator, so pretty much used to warm weather throughout the year...

In Aus where I live presently its around 30'C and quite humid. Sucks NZ never had truly hot summers when I lived there. So in comparison from where you live it should be a nice temperate climate [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2002, 04:10 AM   #3
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Mid February... in Central NSW, Mid febrary ranges in temparature from about 15'C to 25'C depending on where you are, but still, the temparatures will vary.

When do u want to go (like approximate dates), and where would u like to go ?? (lke relative locations... Southern NSW etc). I will attempt to get you some weather forecasts, so u can decide for urself based on what ur used to... only real way to do it IMO..
Old 01-31-2002, 04:16 AM   #4
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Around January-Februrary it's pretty humid..In Sydney we have had a few showers latley and some very hot days! I suggest bringing Summer clothes and maby a jumper and a pair of long pants just in case [img]smile.gif[/img] . Summer where I live can be very strange [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2002, 04:16 AM   #5
Davros
Takhisis Follower

HOT - no, wait - DAMNED HOT - no, wait - DAMNED HOT AND MUGGY - yeah, that's it!!!
Old 01-31-2002, 06:02 AM   #6
mistral4543

Wow, thanks for your prompt replies

I am heading for Canberra and Wellington... kinda excited in a way, cos I've never been to these 2 countries

But this is a working trip, so... I'm not sure whether I'll be able to squeeze in some fun. Well, keeping my fingers crossed [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2002, 06:25 AM   #7
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:
Wow, thanks for your prompt replies

I am heading for Canberra and Wellington... kinda excited in a way, cos I've never been to these 2 countries

But this is a working trip, so... I'm not sure whether I'll be able to squeeze in some fun. Well, keeping my fingers crossed [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Speak of the devil!
Im on my way to Canberra tomorrow
Of course in my case its only half an hours drive from where I live, though a plane ride there wouldnt be without its merits [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2002, 06:15 PM   #8
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Hey I missed this thread, so I'm going to put my $0.02 in now.

Australia is most likely to be hot and sunny, whilst Wellington, its a 50% chance it could be hot and sunny, and a 50% chance it could be cold, windy and rainy. Or it could be both on the same day, which happens quite often.

mistral, pack for summer, but remember to take a jacket or something warm for windy Wellington.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 02-01-2002, 06:20 PM   #9
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Scholarcs:

whilst Wellington, its a 50% chance it could be hot and sunny, and a 50% chance it could be cold, windy and rainy. Or it could be both on the same day, which happens quite often.

I object! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Whenever I have been to Auckland its always been sunny and raining in the same day..could never make up its bloody mind [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Now Christchurch there is a city!
I just hope to the gods I am never moving back there [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2002, 10:48 PM   #10
mistral4543

quote:
Originally posted by Scholarcs:

Australia is most likely to be hot and sunny, whilst Wellington, its a 50% chance it could be hot and sunny, and a 50% chance it could be cold, windy and rainy. Or it could be both on the same day, which happens quite often.

mistral, pack for summer, but remember to take a jacket or something warm for windy Wellington.

Thanks, Scholarcs! I sure hope there's something I can do for recreation in these two cities. I heard that Canberra is incredibly boring (sorry if anyone thinks otherwise, but that's what I heard ) .