Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-13-2000, 11:46 PM   #1
Tara

I remember reading here a while back something about upgrading the mace of disruption +1 to a +2 with i think illithium ore and some quest in waulkeens promenade maybe? I've been searching this forum for 45 minutes now and I grow tired of trying to find it again. Can someone please tell me how to upgrade my mace- thanks! (spoil me- I love it)

Old 11-14-2000, 12:09 AM   #2
Armisael

First you need to finish the Unseeing Eye quest. Then go back to your respective temple and talk to another of the clerics - can't remember his name - and he'll give you a quest to get Sir Sarles to make a monument for the church. Go talk to Sir Sarles at the Jystev Estate in the Government district, and he'll tell you to get illithium. Go talk to the ore merchant in the Promenade; she'll say she can't get that quantity of illithium, and that she can tell you who her supplier is for 1000 gp, or she can make you a substitute illithium for 200 gp. First get the name of her supplier, then tell her to make the substitute as well. Go and talk to Unger Hilldark at the Coronet, he'll tell you a guy called Neb stole his illithium shipment and he's hiding out in a derelict house in the Bridge district. Go there (it's on the west side of the district) and talk to Neb, who'll attack you along with a bunch of childrens' spirits. Kill him, grab the illithium, and go back to the Promenade. Wait a day until the ore merchant comes back and pay her the 500 gp for her substitute. Now go back to Sir Sarles, drop the real illithium on the ground, and talk to him. He'll get very annoyed at you and storm off. Now grab the real illithium. You can finish the Sarles quest by going to the temple and giving them the substitute which they will mistake for a work of art, and then you can go to Cromwell with the illithium ore and the mace of disruption and he'll upgrade it for you.

Old 11-14-2000, 12:21 AM   #3
Tara

sounds like you'd need to be a cleric- which i am not. (I'm a thief this game, but that varies, lol) There must be another way to get it for the non clerics- anyone know?

Old 11-14-2000, 12:23 AM   #4
Armisael

No, you don't need to be a cleric. By respective temple, I meant Helm if you're a non- or neutral-cleric, otherwise dependant upon your alignment. Just go to Helm's temple.

Old 11-14-2000, 12:29 AM   #5
Tara

went into my game and tried it and got the quest from Guardian Telwyn - Thanks!!