Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 10:32 AM   #1
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

*Spoilers*
On taht werewolf island with teh boat, irght at the top tehre is teh boss werewolf. Any ideas on how to beat him?
Cheers
DS

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 12:53 PM   #2
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
There are many ways to defeat karoug depending on who you have in your party and what level you are. I always begin by applying maximum defensive clerical spells (bless, chant, defensive harmony etc) with good offensive spells (haste in particular) should get you off to a good start, with good micromanagement of the pause button, focusing on one at a time. [img]smile.gif[/img]
However, those werewolves move very fast and moving wounded characters quickly away from the action can be quite tough.

So in my most recent game, I decided to cheese it out and not give Karoug any chance at all, attacking without even engaging in dialogue, so intent was I upon killing him.
I sent Coran hasted and in the shadows up to the top deck, walked to the bottom and fired off as many arrows of detonation as I could before the transformation can take place. Initially this was just to 'soften him' up, but it worked a treat, as it was the most easiest time I've had with this battle, which can be difficult.

There should be some great old topics which might have some nice info also - I'm a big fan of doing that for tactical ideas. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Good luck with it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 07:41 PM   #3
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Well, send your mage with HUGE protective bonuses at him. Have him memorize an Invis. spell. Have all other characters take defensive positions around the boat, and set your archers on the coast.

I put hte AI on, and had no difficulty beating him.

Note: With your mage invisible, you can cast as many monster summoning spells as you like, and trap him.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 08:59 PM   #4
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

I usually send in Shar-Teel after having had her drink potions of Storm Giant Strength, Speed, Invulnerability, and Regeneration. She will be wielding that silver dagger (or the longsword versus shapeshifters) and wearing the anti-lycanthrope necklace, as well. It might take her a couple of trips, but she usually manages to whack everything singlehandedly. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 09:08 PM   #5
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Very nice, if a bit straight forward, strategy
Old 12-09-2005, 08:06 PM   #6
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Why waste strategic thinking on nasty werewolves? [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 01:05 AM   #7
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

I seem to recall running up and down the stairs...and hitting things REALLY hard...

Of course, I was running a paladin through the second time, and had a 20 in strength, and crazy-awesome stats/equipment...just closed in with that guy, and the rest of my party switched to range and hammerred away...

If the beasty got too frisky, the rest of my party would run down the stairs, then come back up once they'd drank some potions.

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 03:37 PM   #8
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

I smell a loop hole!