Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2001, 07:03 AM   #1
Mr Elephant
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am approaching the end of my second time thru so don't worry about spoiling me.

Keldorn is my problem. I am used to him attacking Edwin and Viconia. He has done it from time to time throughout the game. I have just reloaded and he has been fine.

But now as I leave the Underdark and return to the city, he is absolutely determined to attack my main character. I have reloaded several times but he won't stop. It doesn't matter where I try to go but as soon as I arrive at the new location, he just starts his speech about his destiny being to kill me.

Any ideas? As I would love to continue traveling with him.

Thanks
Old 07-03-2001, 07:08 AM   #2
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Elephant:
I am approaching the end of my second time thru so don't worry about spoiling me.

Keldorn is my problem. I am used to him attacking Edwin and Viconia. He has done it from time to time throughout the game. I have just reloaded and he has been fine.

But now as I leave the Underdark and return to the city, he is absolutely determined to attack my main character. I have reloaded several times but he won't stop. It doesn't matter where I try to go but as soon as I arrive at the new location, he just starts his speech about his destiny being to kill me.

Any ideas? As I would love to continue traveling with him.

Thanks
Hmm, how is your reputation and alignment? He is a paladin after all and wont be happy if you go under a 6 in general rep... And if you are a baddie at that i guess any paladin would see you as fair game to be in need a whacking.. Other than that your guess is a good as mine.
Hopefully someone else knows. I have never encountered it but my rep was under 6 once since a couple of fireballs into a room full of slaves (I hadn´t a clue, i used the old army strategy for housecleaning in the Illithid cave,damn annoyed at thoose buggers! grr..)
And well he started yapping about this and that, and well only thing was to fo and rescue that trapped wizard in the underdark afterwards so my rep went up and he was more happy for it..

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 07-03-2001, 07:15 AM   #3
Mr Elephant
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm a neutral assassin which I though would have caused him problems back in Chapter 2, but he has stuck with me. My rep has dropped to 8 through a couple of mistakes (oops!), but surely 8 isn't too low?

I'd happily buy a few points of rep from a temple if I thought that would help. The problem is that I can't get to one without him attacking first.
Old 07-03-2001, 07:19 AM   #4
Sigmar
Unicorn

Did you tell him you were a Bhaal spawn when you had a chance? Or perhaps he is charmed.

------------------
"So why should I worship you Tiax?"
"Well Sigmar, I am Tiax the chosen one of Cyric, destined to ascend, I shall rule all!"
"Do you know you have a duck on your head?"
"Duck what duck......ahhhhhhhh!"

Tiax, warmaster of clan HADB
Old 07-03-2001, 07:30 AM   #5
Mr Elephant
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Back in Chapter 4, he learnt I was a Bhaalspawn when I started changing, for example in front of Bodhi in the Asylum dungeons. He wasn't happy with that, but he stayed.

Gnerally, he has moaned sometimes but basicaly stayed with me from Chapter 2 thru 6, he has coped with me being an assassin, and didn't complain when my rep hit 8.

It's appears as though his unhappiness has been supressed while we were in Chapters 4 thru 5, because I had no chance to replace him. But as soon as I can replace him, he has gone loopy, I am now forced to kill him, and am able to replace him with Minsc or similar.

I have always avoided using ShadowKeeper but now may be the time to up my rep to see if that placates him
Old 07-03-2001, 10:21 AM   #6
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

It definitely sounds like a reputation thing. Did your rep go below 6 while you were in the underdark, if it did that would activate his psycho mode, but it wouldn't come into effect until back in the city. Things like special character reactions and romances are turned off while you're in the underdark, probably so you don't lose party members without anyway to get them back or be trapped down there because your party is now too weak.

------------------
WAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!