Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 12:23 PM   #1
Firetoad
Dungeon Master

I really want to play NWN and hotu as a skeleton. Is this possible? I've downloaded a bunch of stuff from NWVault and went into my override folder and lots of other folders. I messed some stuff up (had to reinstall), and I'm ready to admit I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what I am doing. Would I use the toolset for this? I just want a basic skeleton, like the "captain jack" character build at level 1. thanks
firetoad
Firetoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 12:46 PM   #2
Legolas
Jack Burton

You don't really need anything for it. You can play the game looking like a skeleton but it'd be a cosmetic change only. Characters won't respond differently and you won't get any undead bonusses or penalties.
If you want, you can get the bonusses which would require a little toolset work.

Looking like a skeleton in the single player campaigns:
These are the skeleton appearance type numbers: 62,63,70,71,148,150,182.
You can use them by entering the following commands into your chat bar (accessed by pressing RETURN)
Quote:
## DebugMode 1
## SetAppearance 62
## DebugMode 0
Instead of 62, enter any of the other numbers above.

Getting skeletal properties in the single player campaigns:
This can be done in a great number of ways. The tidiest solution would be creating a skeletal property creature hide in a separate module which you equip on your character through scripting, after which you enter the character into the campaign. It's not the easiest however. It is also a good idea to rescript all the spells which do something special to undead (Harm, Cure Light Wounds, Turn Undead, Bless Weapon, Undeath to Death, Searing Light, and so on) to affect you correctly.
The easiest solution is to open the prelude module in the toolset, and find the starting location. You create an item which grants the skeletal properties and drop it on the ground. You save the module under a different name, and instead of starting the regular prelude module you start that one. You pick up the item (be it a ring or a belt or cloak, anything) and equip it. Then you play.
Properties to put on the item would mainly include a few immunities and some damage immunities/vulnerabilities.
The downside here is that it takes up an inventory slot, but on the other hand, immunity to critical hits and mind spells and death magic is well worth that price.

[ 08-09-2005, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Legolas ]
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote