Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 09:00 AM   #1
psycho wench
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok I have completed chapter one using a pure fighter and have started on chapter two but am now thinking about multiclassing and wanted some advice on which way to go

my fighters stats are:

Dwarf, Neutral Evil
lv 7

str 17
dex 13
con 18
int 10
wis 10
char 7

ac 11 with nothing equiped
24 with everything

hp 100/100

I use a longsword +1 and a towershield +1
Old 07-18-2005, 10:02 AM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Firstly, welcome to Ironworks, glad to have ya'. Do you have any of the expansions installed, if so, which ones? Makes a difference on where you can go. I'll proceed assuming you have all three games installed, or are using the platinum edition.
The best option is out, due to alignment, had you been lawful evil, you could have gone Dwarven Defender.
The next best option, to maintain a strong melee presence would be weapon master. If you go this route however, I'd lose the longsword,and take the exotic weapon feat, and use the dwarven war axe.
W/out knowing what kind of new feats/skills your looking to develop, I'm kind of shooting in the dark here, but based on your stats, you'd be better to stay melee oriented, and pump all stat points into str.
Oops, speaking of stats, I don't think you can get weapon master either, let me look. You would need an int of 13 to gain the expertise feat, which is required. I'd be tempted to go ahead and put the next three stat points in int, and take the expertise feat. The other feats required are dodge, mobility, spring attack, whirlwind attack, and a focus in a melee weapon. You already meet the min requirements for those.
Your base stats are too low for spell caster lvls, and your dex is too low for rogue, as I would assume your using heavy armor with this build. Not really many ways to go with it.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 11:38 AM   #3
Target
Red Dragon

Welcome to the board.
As your evil and if you have 5 points in Hide and the Cleave feat you could always go Blackguard. This will give some paladin like skills to you (but evil not good) you can create and turn undead, smite good, and have a few spells and more.
Or if you don't have the expansions you could add some barbarian levels, that will give more HP and rage boosts your stats for a bit.
Hope this helps.

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 12:09 PM   #4
psycho wench
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok I don't have the expansion packs and weapon master and dwarven defender are something I'm not familar with.

As for armour I have armour of comfort which is only 9 pounds.

Tell me more about the dwarven war axe, I'm rather attached to my longsword and was planning on getting it upgraded by the blacksmith. Do I keep the shield if I switch to a war axe ??

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:20 PM   #5
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Dwarven waraxes are only available in the Hordes of the Underdark expansion. And the prestige classes mentioned above (Dwarven Defender, Weapon Master and Blackguard) are added by one of the expansions as well. So that route is barred to you.

As Target suggested, your stats make barbarian pretty much the only viable option. Your DEX is too low for rogue, your INT too low for wizard, your WIS too low for cleric or druid and your CHA way below specs for a bard or sorceror. You could try ranger, but then you'll have to put every available stat-point into WIS, otherwise you won't be able to cast spells. But overall, I'm with Target on barbarian. Or stay pure-class as a fighter.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 11:43 PM   #6
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Dunno about that one. My guys only have Dex 13 (which is a +1), and they've done well with a few Rogue levels. Of course, the main reason I add Rogue is (a) to disable nasty traps (especially on doors and chests), and (b) to enjoy that bonus sneak attack damage. Typically I have five levels, which is enough for 3d6 sneak damage.

By the way, Psycho, keep in mind that you'll probably be no more than level 16 when you finish the OC. The first levels come quickly, but after that progress slows a bit, especially near the end. So if you're going to add another class, now is the time to do it.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 03:22 AM   #7
psycho wench
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the advice guys I think I will go with the barbarian option and find a war axe as well to keep with the dwarf thingy.

Thanks again.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:44 AM   #8
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Like I said, dwarven waraxes are only available if you have the Hordes of the Underdark expansion installed. If you want a dwarfish weapon, you're going to have to settle for battle axe, warhammer or greataxe (the latter is two-handed). But if you've already taken Weapon Focus and/or Weapon Specialization in longsword, I'd say just stick with longswords. They're good enough, and no reason to waste those feats.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 12:19 PM   #9
Ale_beer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Interesting thread, I too have just started NWN (no expansions) with a similiar character. I added in 1 level of wizard, to enable use of all the scrolls i find and to use the wands. I upped my int by 1, so i can cast level 1 spells, but this was a waste as 95% chance of arcane spell failure [img]smile.gif[/img] . Also means i can only go 2 levels of barb without getting the xp penalty. Still the use of wands and scrolls has really paid off for me.
Ale_beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 05:11 PM   #10
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

You could have accomplished much the same thing with a few lvls of rogue. Probably would have been better that way as well, to allow you to deal with traps, locks, and such.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote