Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 05-01-2006, 01:59 AM   #1
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I'm doing the quest in Bravil where you go into the dude's dreamworld and rescue him. I'm stuck on the Test of Patience (how ironic ). I basically have no idea what to do with the arrow shooters and the mysterious scroll remains extremely mysterious to me.

Anyone who's done this quest, I'd be very appreciative of help! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2006, 04:04 AM   #2
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Look at the scroll and find a pattern with the symbols that look the same, they represent a path across the floor (there are a series of pressure pads on the floor in case you didn't notice)

Good luck!
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 04:07 AM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I didn't understand the scroll too. What I did was to just step forward on a starting block and pray it didn't rain arrows. If no arrows then I jump forward as far as possible to the end of the blocks. After that I heal up with potions I found in the house.

Works for me.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:47 PM   #4
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Just step onto a pressure plate, then if it doesn't rain arrows, quicksave and move onto the next. If it does rain arrows, quickload and try another one. Save the healing potions for the Test of Resolve.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:42 AM   #5
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I had trouble with the scroll at first until i realised that i shouldn't have mentally flipped each set of tiles to match the direction in which i was approaching them. (Er, that sounds confusing). Basically, start from the bottom row of the top graph and work up. Then the bottom row of the second graph etc.

I've also encountered a bug upon completion of this quest. The Akaviri ring (forget the name) which was the reward from the Countess of Bruma, can no longer be equipped after this quest temporarily removed it from the inventory. It keeps telling me "this item cannot be equipped at this time". Apparently it's also a quest item so it can't be removed from the inventory. Any ideas?
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 03:04 AM   #6
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Thanks very much guys [img]smile.gif[/img] . No, I didn't notice the pressure pads [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] . I am not well equipped for a test of patience at all [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2006, 07:18 AM   #7
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Eh! Hang on. Whaddya mean you didn't notice the pressure pads!? Thou jests with us for a surety!

Anyways, as far as ES quests go, i have to say that this one was imaginative and quite enjoyable. Certainly a standout from the rest. Along with that painter guy's quest in Cheydinhall.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote