Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-10-2001, 08:50 PM   #1
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

I did my first lich (the one at the Crooked Crane) over the weekend. My party consists of kensai, Minsc, Jaheira, Aerie, Jan & Edwin. Here's what I did:

I sent in Jan 'invisibled' using the ring of invisibility. Sneaked right up to the lich and backstabbed him (for 4x damage) then ran for the exit.

The lich started casting his spells - Stoneskin, mirror, a globe of something invulnerability, and what else I don't know, as by that time Jan was out in the inn. Well, a short while later the lich followed. A serious battle followed.

My kensai (dual-wielding Flail of Ages and Namarra) and Minsc (Azuredge) walked right up to the lich and started bashing it while my mages and Jaheira cast whatever spells they had. Remove magic, miscast magic, slow, magic missiles, summoned creatures, dispel magic, pierce magic (?), whatever they had memorised. In the end the lich keeled over, finally dead, and my party members all ok, although Jan was a whisker away from death (his portrait was almost fully red). Amazingly, none of the other patrons in the inn died too!

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 06-10-2001, 09:00 PM   #2
Volourn
Manshoon

Congrats! Liches are amongst the toughest creatures in the game. Enjoy your richly deserved reward. Hardy har har!!!
Old 06-11-2001, 04:06 AM   #3
cmpcheap
Welcomed New User

The box had the Dayblade in it. Sneak over to the box, quickly pick-and-grab , hit the Lich with a Sunray. Bring in re-inforcements.

At higher levels, rotating Sunrays can keep the Lich stunned and reeling for several turns, maybe long enough to kill it.

Or run like mad.
Old 06-11-2001, 04:11 AM   #4
Link
Jack Burton

Mine was even greater!! I walked in, triggered the lich so he would start spells...then walk out.. he follows into the inn, and i walk outside. He follows me outside, starts casting spells, i move around a bit (group = Jaheira, Minsc, Yoshimo, Nalia, Aerie and me BTW) and he lost all his spells.. Suddenly guards begin to attack... (???).. they die, lich is outta spells, and i kill him!!!

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 06-11-2001, 07:47 AM   #5
Cayle
The Magister

I always love it when I have a street battle with that lich!

Congrats!

-Cayle
Old 06-11-2001, 10:45 AM   #6
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

Just Death Sword 'em. Saves a huge amount of time.

------------------
Will the real cheesy lich stop using timestop, stop using time stop, YEAH BABY! :1diablo: