Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-26-2000, 10:11 AM   #1
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

Hi... I'm just a newbie here on the web but I am an old player with Baldurs 1 (since i finished it 3 times) ... I really do have some questions and tips on how to solve some quest in BG2 cuz i can't seem to find any solution for it. 1) there are some staves (not wands) with charges (like the staff of healing... found it in the graveyard...) although some say that they recharge after 1 day the other staves say they have a limited no. of charges. Once you used them up can you still recharge it? after resting ? or gone for good. there are other staves in which you can summon but there is no info if it is limited or unlimited (like the staff of airelemental)
2) How the heck can you kill that demi-god lich (or whatever you call it) ? i found the golden torso as well as the golden arms and leg bones and gave it to skull head (Khaxx i think) over at the docks... first it was quite easy to defeat the monster but he transformed into a monster that can cast imprisonment in which my character is killed permenently no matter how high or low your hp is. Did anybody beat that demi-god monster?
Old 10-26-2000, 10:28 AM   #2
PSI_Nova

i havn't play so far yet but for the wand question, those that said it can be use once per day can only be use once every day in the game....ok. any other wands that do not say that can be use for a limited time......it doesn't state so use them when u have to or save them for later, u can also sell them for some hard cash but then the price will drop if u continue to use them..........have fun anyway i believe u are no newbie if u have already completed baldur gate 3 time

Old 10-26-2000, 10:48 AM   #3
TheSpaceCoyote

To beat the demi-lich (or whatever it is) I had the same problem. Simple solution: Make sure it's not YOUR character that's right next to him. Send someone else in first and let them get imprisoned, you can release them afterwards with a spell (I forget the spell's name). After he pulls that stunt you're basically home free. You might want to bring 2 or 3 mages in to cast as much anti-magic & dispelling on the lich as possible.

Good luck.

Old 10-26-2000, 11:10 AM   #4
Glorick the Half-Orc

DEMI-LICH SPOIL

Use a prot from undead scroll (most stores sell them) and you need a +4 weapon (flame tongue, mace of disruption, sword in the Gate area, etc). Cast it on Minsc and let him attack. The lisch will just stand there oblivious to his existance. Keep ALL your chars out of line of sight or they will get imprisoned. If they disappear, use a freedom scroll (also available at most temples).

Old 10-27-2000, 10:09 AM   #5
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

Thanks alot for the advice ...