Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-05-2021, 11:11 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Worried Wife got Covid-19..... I probably got it too... (we're ok though--so far)

My Wife just tested positive for covid a few days ago.. mild symptoms.. started out as a tickle in the throat, then cough.. no fever.. I check her temp x2 a day, and x2 a day with an Pulse Oximeter.

Buy one on Amazon, its $25 and it could save your life--early detection of lung issues with covid-19 can be the difference between just getting a ZPack and Steroids or being in the ICU.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

(thing docs put on your finger to measure your oxygen. --that's a major thing you need. as covid is known to lower your oxygen which is a warning sign you may have lung issues/pneumonia. you want to have an oxygen level of 94 or higher--if you live in high altitudes though, you can have a normal lower level due to living at high elevations.

but normal elevations, and you have a oxygen readout in the 80's, you need to go to the doctor. may just need some oxygen and maybe steroids.

(Before you get sick-- keep that immune system balanced!) Best thing to do is take Vitamin D3 5000 IU a day, and 20-30mg of Zinc daily. - Studies show it will reduce covid-19 to become severe.)

I bought those diagnostic tools in April... gotta be proactive and not reactive, ya know? She's doing well. just normal flu feeling symptoms now, but energy is coming back. (I have no symptoms, but I am sure I was infected). just either immune to it, or asymptomatic. - I'll be streaming Weds morning!!!! (Jan 6th).

Donna's working from home, and is feeling better as I said, so I can feel ok to stream. (will still keep monitoring her.) crazy.... ALL year we didn't go anywhere.. ordered most stuff... used N95 3M masks, but on Christmas day, her sisters came over to bring a gift--I was in the shower, and came into the living room, and they did not wear masks..... we talked for 10 mins.. and they left.

(I sprayed Lysol in the air where they walked--after they left...lol) but I guess it wasn't enough. THEY got it 3 days before Donna. they got it worse-- but seem ok, can't smell and no taste..

So far, Donna can... ugh. SO.. I may go get a antibody test, as it's pointless to get a covid test, as its VERY likely I did get it, just didn't affect me.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 11:22 PM   #2
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Default Re: Wife got Covid-19..... I probably got it too... (we're ok though--so far)

BTW, if you want to know all about Covid-19--and how to help your immune system, watch these 2 Youtube Doctors -- They are exceptional. and have the best, up to date info.

Dr. John Campbell (UK based)
https://www.youtube.com/c/Campbellteaching/videos
-- he has load of info--go to past videos. he does daily updates, and covers many current peer reviewed studies.

Like Take 1 Vitamin D3, 5000 IU (means international units). daily.
Take low dose Zinc. (anything under 40mg daily).

Next guy works in LA, at a major hospital with Covid-19 patients. and has multiple Degrees in Health.

Professor Roger Seheult, MD - (VERY good info)
https://www.youtube.com/c/Medcram/videos

Avoid the MSM for covid-19 info mostly. as they don't cover the details these Doctors cover.

Old 01-05-2021, 11:24 PM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Default Re: Wife got Covid-19..... I probably got it too... (we're ok though--so far)

Here are tips if you DO get Covid-19:

Old 01-06-2021, 02:10 AM   #4
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

I got it too. Low grade fever with exhaustion for 4-5 days. Now I'm a plasma donor.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 11:12 AM   #5
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Sorry to hear that. Best wishes to you and your family. Hope everything goes well.
Old 01-11-2021, 06:08 AM   #6
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Oh man... how is she now? How are you?

http://www.hughwilson.com
Yorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 06:20 AM   #7
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Earlier in 2020 I recorded my vocal health tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziroc View Post
Here are tips if you DO get Covid-19:

http://www.hughwilson.com
Yorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 07:26 AM   #8
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Doing fine now, thank God! Seems like all Doc's since last Feb. were saying take 5000iu (international units) of Vitamin D3. And now studies show it DOES seriously boost you immune system and if you do get covid19, the symptoms will be less severe. in a study, 60% less people died when taking daily 5000IU of vitamin D3.. wow...

And its cheap.

Now, talk to your doctor before taking it. some of ya may be on other meds that may not mix well.. but vitamin D is pretty harmless.

Old 02-16-2021, 07:28 AM   #9
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Worried Re: Wife got Covid-19..... I probably got it too... (we're ok though--so far)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElfBane View Post
I got it too. Low grade fever with exhaustion for 4-5 days. Now I'm a plasma donor.

You doing ok now?? Hope so!!

Old 06-10-2021, 08:24 PM   #10
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I hope everyone is doing OK now. Hopefully Covid will be gone soon and we can live normally again.

Here in Canada they are about to start the second rollout of vaccine so hopefully things will get back to normal for the summer.

How about you all?