Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-13-2003, 12:14 PM   #21
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I have used e-bay, it is pretty good for the most part and I will continue to use it.

Although occasionally I have had a few bad experiences but more often than not it as more to do with postal services, custom issues. Once I had US customs add $50 to my package (Magic Cards Set) which was over twice what I paid, I said "hell no" so I ended up losing my package and what I paid for it although it was not the sellers fault. This was just after 9/11 so usually packages get through customs without much effort. That was my worst experience.
Old 06-13-2003, 12:53 PM   #22
Grojlach
Zartan

I've e-bay in the past to sell some CD's, but have never used it to make any purchases; too much of a fuss. And the Dutch equivalent of e-bay isn't really all that impressive in the "exclusive things I'd really love to have one day" category, anyways.
Old 06-13-2003, 01:12 PM   #23
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Ebay! I love Ebay! It's a collector's and hobbyist's haven! It's great for computer stuff too! I use it to purchase X-mas gifts I could otherwise not find or afford. There are a fair share of bad deals on Ebay too. You have to be careful and savvy. You also have to accept that every once in a while, you'll get ripped off if you want to get the rock bottom prices. In hundreds of transactions, I've only had four bad deals. One piece of equipment was repairable, one item was not as advertised, one was a CDRW scam (perp was prosecuted, 50$ loss), and I got ripped off by a computer store that went belly up before sending out my bare bones system. That was by far the worst. I lost $240 on that one. Still, when I calculate the amount I've saved, it far outweighs the loss. I've saved more than that on one Xmas! Hummel figures and pawn shop jewelry in particular. I get them for 20-25% of what it costs locally! I've picked up an impressive amethyst tennis bracelet for about 25% of what it cost locally! I've picked up three Hummels for about the same! Ham radio equipment is unbelievable!
Old 06-13-2003, 01:16 PM   #24
Campino

I've used e-bay a couple of times now.Last items i've bought were some games (Xenogears and Legend of Dragoon)and some Eurocoins from San Marino.Both transactions went without problems.But before i decide to buy something,i usually check the feedback the seller has gotten from other members,and i compare some prices.So far,i have no bad experiences whatsoever [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-13-2003, 04:23 PM   #25
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Yes I use E-Bay all the time, In fact I just bought Two of the Gary Gygax Advanced Dungeon & Dragons offical pen and paper game adventures. Both were the Temple of Elemental Evil MODS. One complete Mod and one dungeon master manual.
I got these just so I would be able to have an Idea what the new game would be about.