Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 05-04-2004, 03:56 AM   #1
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I just got Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance II on the Ps2, saw it in a store so I thought I might as well get it. What do you all think of this? I've been playing through it for about 4 hours maybe and I feel like I'm already burnt on it. It reminds me too much of Pool of Radiance, very little roleplaying and the rest of it is hack and slash.

Spoilerish
Yea, after 4 hours I'm burnt out, going through that gargantuan mansion of undead took it's toll on me.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 12:06 PM   #2
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Well, there were several threads that explained the Dark Alliance series as pure hack and slash with maybe an ounce of story behind it. From what I've heard it's much improved over the first one though.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 09:30 PM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

It doesn't improve over the first one, it's the same as the first one. to me at least.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 11:31 PM   #4
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I think it is boring as hell i stop playing it after 4 hours!
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 12:59 AM   #5
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
It was boring, yes. And I did stop player after about 5 hours. Crazy thing, I beat the game.

Anyways I traded the game in at the local GameStop and guess how much it was worth? $1, yeah, that's all they would give me for it.

Err, just to clarify that was BGA1 I was referring to.

[ 05-06-2004, 01:01 AM: Message edited by: Firestormalpha ]

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 12:53 AM   #6
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I enjoyed it for what it was, a hack and slash game. It did have a better story, and each character has a back history and unique quest. I really enjoyed it personally, as I played it with a friend.

BTW, the makers of the first BGA also made the new PS2 game "Champions of Norrath" based in the Everquest realm, and MAN is it fun!!! There is a much better plot, tons of cool items, and the same game engine except it's been updated a bunch.

And the game is HUGE! You can play with up to 4 players or go Online and play as well.

One major thing I hated about it was each saved game is 749Kb!!!! So you are limited to a few saves per memory card. other than that, it's great!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 06:39 AM   #7
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

Yeah. I'm waiting for Champions of Norrath to get to Norway. Every review I've read says it's the best of the three new games using that engine (that Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel game being the third).
Old 05-08-2004, 04:19 PM   #8
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I am enjoying Dark Alliance II a lot more since one of my buddies decided to come over so we could play it two player. In my opinion, it is better off as a two-player game.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 08:01 PM   #9
Sythe
Ra

I suppose the Hack and Slash games are only fun if you play with a friend.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:41 AM   #10
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Yeah, I had pretty much the same experience. I played through the undead mansion and that was pretty much it for me...it was an interesting game, but I just couldn't get back to the PS2 to keep playing it...*laughs to himself* Yet another PS2 game I haven't finished, collecting dust...