Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Darkstone

Old 06-10-2001, 01:46 AM   #1
drkstone97051
Welcomed New User

I just found this site today, and am very pleased to have done it,
i am curious if anyone out there is aware of how to find a copy of the actual game darkstone for computer, i have it for the playstation and haven' touched another game since i got it
unfortunately, i am unable to find any copies of the game at my usual haunts and while most people i have talked to are familiar with the game, they can't help me find a copy
if anyone out there is able to help, it would be greatly appreciated
thanks
drkstone97051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2001, 05:02 AM   #2
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

"Darkstone just rereleased in a gamepack with Tzar and Age of Wonders"

As I am in the UK, can't really help you with this one. If you look for Granamere on this forum and try asking him, he may be able to point you in the right direction.

------------------
Regards

Mouse
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2001, 08:41 PM   #3
Satyrn16
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The game is pretty old so you may have some luck with this: I found my copy at Wal-Mart for $10. The collection to which mouse refers is called "masters of" something or other and from what i hear it's about 20 bucks. That pack also has a strategy guide. you may want to try toys r us. they sometimes have a rack of old games. Target and K-mart are the only other places i can think of. You may also try to order it from Hastings or another similar store. You could also try looking in the pawn shops for a used copy.

And to Mouse - hello again. Nice to see you.

Satyrn

[This message has been edited by Satyrn16 (edited 06-10-2001).]
Satyrn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2001, 11:17 PM   #4
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by drkstone97051:
I just found this site today, and am very pleased to have done it,
i am curious if anyone out there is aware of how to find a copy of the actual game darkstone for computer, i have it for the playstation and haven' touched another game since i got it
unfortunately, i am unable to find any copies of the game at my usual haunts and while most people i have talked to are familiar with the game, they can't help me find a copy
if anyone out there is able to help, it would be greatly appreciated
thanks
I think there is a website called Game Trader or something.. maybe you can find it there if you can't find it in the stores. Check with www.ebgames.com too, it should be cheap too.. under $19.99.

I LOVED the game, still do!! The PC version has an Editor where you can make your OWN quests and even lay new 'skins' over your character!!

------------------
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks
Old 06-11-2001, 02:19 PM   #5
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Satyrn16:

And to Mouse - hello again. Nice to see you.

Satyrn

Then hop across and join in the fun at the General Discussions Forum as well

------------------
Regards

Mouse
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2001, 01:37 AM   #6
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Great I have not been here that long and I already have a rep. OK I do not mean this badly but you can go to www.gamespot.com. Click on PC Games then under Genres on the left hand side click on Role-Playing. Then select DarkStone fron the scroll down list. OK on the far left you see a picture and under it it says Check Latest Prices. Once you do that you currently get 8 different places you can buy it from. Right now it is running from 7.95 to 19.95. The 19.95 gets you the Medieval Masters Collection. This also has the regular manual on the cd as well as the hint guide. Plus you get the other two games. Now if any of these stores are in your area you should be able to buy it there. Here in Atlanta, GA I have found it at MediaPlay, CompUsa, Best Buy and Electronic Boutique. I would guess CompUsa online would have it also. At each store you might want to ask someone where it is if they have it. Around here if it is not the new game going for $50.00 it is on a back shelf somewhere. I hope this helps you find it. If you need any other help this is a great form for it.

The whole "not mean this badly" I put in for sending someone to another site. If this is not prefered on this board. Let me know and I will not do it in the future. It is just the easiest way to get the info I know. I hope I did not offend.

[This message has been edited by Granamere (edited 06-12-2001).]
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote